Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    Has the old man been to the eye doctor lately?
    No...but that wasn't it. I love my dad but unfortunately this kind of thing is not unusual for him. Our relationship was pretty Rocky growing up and he has burned a lot of bridges in our small town. He doesn't tell the truth very often and has been known to take advantage of situations where he can. You can't pick your family.

Comment

Love to read these stories even at yalls expense. It sheds light on some lease/ranch experiences that I have not really been a part of. Please post more if you have any.

Comment

Anything cool happen so far in 2019?

Comment

great thread! some of these stories are nuts!

Comment

My nephew had some buddies down to hunt exotics. One of them shot a 160 class 10 point whitetail which he said he thought was a fallow buck. I don't believe for a minute that he didn't know what he shot. I wasn't there unfortunately, but I made sure he was blacklisted.

Comment

A guy in high school told me he almost got kicked off his lease for shooting a doe out of season. His excuse: Thought it was a rabbit. This guy could spin a yarn so I don't know if he was lying about thinking it was a rabbit, or the whole situation.

Comment

Best thread on the green screen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, it's a new season. Let's hear some opening weekend stories

Comment

Real estate agent showed the property and locked me out.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      Real estate agent showed the property and locked me out.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
                      City folks don't know what Gate Etiquette is and how to connect lock to lock

Comment

My dad had a guy he knew through work invite him on a hunt. He said he could bring me along. We get down there and the place is really cool. 11k acres of South Texas brush.

That first night the host tells me I can shoot a cull 8 or 9 point. He said that he had put up a pop up for me to bowhunt from and that he would sit in the rifle blind on the same sendero and we could pick out a buck for me to shoot over text.

I get to the popup the next morning and its about 50 yards from the feeder and it looks to be made for a midget. Oh well, I can make it work. I couldn't get low enough to shoot out the windows without sitting on the ground so I settled in. We had corned the sendero and I started to make out deer all around as the sun crept up. It was foggy as all get out so the host couldn't see the deer at the feeder. I had a buck walk out that was a freak giant. He had one side that was really jacked up and massive. I knew this buck was off limits so I took some video of him for the short time he was there. I sat for a few more hours but we didn't find a cull to shoot.

Back at camp over breakfast I showed the host the video of the buck. He could tell how excited I was to have seen it and asked me if I liked it. I said hell ya I liked it. He said if you like it then go ahead and go try to shoot it. He thought it wouldn't be much higher than 150 inches with its weak right side. I said that without a doubt he is bigger than that and I asked about 10 times if he is sure and he says yes so I said that I was going to go right back to the stand and hunt all day.

I got back into the stand at 10:30 AM or so. I was sitting on the ground and it was heating up. I was down to my underwear as the temp was about 100 that day. At 2 PM I look up and what do you know that freak buck was walking across the sendero about 25 yards from me. I drew my bow and stopped him and zipped an arrow right through his lungs. It worked out just perfect.

I got dressed and got out of the blind and walked to where he was when I shot and saw him piled up in the brush about 20 yards away. I walked up to him and finally got a good look at what all he had going on and said ohhhhh crap. At this point I was really worried about what the host would say even though he told me 10x to shoot this buck after seeing the video.

I called up to camp and they were all napping. I told them to come get me because I shot the buck and they couldn't believe it had gone down at 2 pm in 100 degree heat. The host pulled up and let out a string of cuss words upon walking up to the buck but laughed it off and congratulated me on him. He was great about it and I'm extremely grateful to this day for him hosting us.

I was there for an 8 or 9 point cull and ended up with a 22 point 181 6/8 buck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	22 point - 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	24593355

Comment

Holy cow! That’s awesome but not a mistake on the guest it seems. He told you to shoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            My dad had a guy he knew through work invite him on a hunt. He said he could bring me along. We get down there and the place is really cool. 11k acres of South Texas brush.

That first night the host tells me I can shoot a cull 8 or 9 point. He said that he had put up a pop up for me to bowhunt from and that he would sit in the rifle blind on the same sendero and we could pick out a buck for me to shoot over text.

I get to the popup the next morning and its about 50 yards from the feeder and it looks to be made for a midget. Oh well, I can make it work. I couldn't get low enough to shoot out the windows without sitting on the ground so I settled in. We had corned the sendero and I started to make out deer all around as the sun crept up. It was foggy as all get out so the host couldn't see the deer at the feeder. I had a buck walk out that was a freak giant. He had one side that was really jacked up and massive. I knew this buck was off limits so I took some video of him for the short time he was there. I sat for a few more hours but we didn't find a cull to shoot.

Back at camp over breakfast I showed the host the video of the buck. He could tell how excited I was to have seen it and asked me if I liked it. I said hell ya I liked it. He said if you like it then go ahead and go try to shoot it. He thought it wouldn't be much higher than 150 inches with its weak right side. I said that without a doubt he is bigger than that and I asked about 10 times if he is sure and he says yes so I said that I was going to go right back to the stand and hunt all day.

I got back into the stand at 10:30 AM or so. I was sitting on the ground and it was heating up. I was down to my underwear as the temp was about 100 that day. At 2 PM I look up and what do you know that freak buck was walking across the sendero about 25 yards from me. I drew my bow and stopped him and zipped an arrow right through his lungs. It worked out just perfect.

I got dressed and got out of the blind and walked to where he was when I shot and saw him piled up in the brush about 20 yards away. I walked up to him and finally got a good look at what all he had going on and said ohhhhh crap. At this point I was really worried about what the host would say even though he told me 10x to shoot this buck after seeing the video.

I called up to camp and they were all napping. I told them to come get me because I shot the buck and they couldn't believe it had gone down at 2 pm in 100 degree heat. The host pulled up and let out a string of cuss words upon walking up to the buck but laughed it off and congratulated me on him. He was great about it and I'm extremely grateful to this day for him hosting us.

I was there for an 8 or 9 point cull and ended up with a 22 point 181 6/8 buck!

[ATTACH]974644[/ATTACH]
                            That's a really cool story and one heck of a deer. I can say with a high degree of confidence that your the only one on her that's shot a deer in your underwear! At least the only one to admit I so far. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man some of these make me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                                That's a really cool story and one heck of a deer. I can say with a high degree of confidence that your the only one on her that's shot a deer in your underwear! At least the only one to admit I so far. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                Nah...others have posted the same in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X