• Time
  • Show
Clear All

More y'all! Come on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged so I can come back and finish

Comment

Was allowed to hunt on a service company lease. Sitting around the night before the hunt and a dad of another guest after too many whiskeys lamented about what do you do when you have seen and shot every big deer in Texas. Rule on the property was mature 8 pt. He got up the next morning and shot a 2 yr. 6. Hard to look him in the eye.

Comment

So I can tell on myself. This year we had a few pictures of a nice 10 that I wanted and he was bigger than anything I had shot. Well on one of my morning hunts an "obvious" cull came in with one pretty side to his rack and the other was just a weird fork. I smoked him and was really excited. Well when I got to him I realized he was the 10 point and had broken off his main beam right after the browtine.

Comment

Took a buddy of ours we had gotten into bow hunting a few years before to our place in junction. He had only hunted the refuge and had shot two yearling doe which he had told us prior to looking for the they were "good sized" only to for both of them to be young. Made fun of him all the way to the ranch. Told him he could shoot axis or whitetail does which he was really excited to shoot an axis since he had never seen one. Put him up in a tree stand along the river about 20ft up. He texted us about 9:30 he shot his first axis doe but couldn't find her. I stopped by camp and grabbed my lab which is 75lbs on a good day. About 5 min into the track he comes out of the cat tails with an axis in his mouth! It weighed 8lbs. He swears to this day he did not shoot that deer!

Comment

Being a 58 yr old hunter, I think I have seen it all.
              Many nubbins, many doe fawns and lots of baby bucks.
              Saw a guest shoot two bucks in a row cause he thought he missed the first.
              Second was a tiny 2.5 ten point. Looked like a 1.5 yr old. Duval county. He was a guestona trophy hunt b
              Saw two clients one morning shoot a 4 pointer each on an 8 or better hunt. Workmates husband shot a calf while on his first pig hunt
              Best was a uncle of a member who killed 4 deer in a row one morning. His limit as a guest was one!
              All true.

Comment

Was drawn for exotic only hunt at Garner this year. A grandfather was hunting with his 14yr old grandson which is great! Blinds are set up everywhere and feeders are 60yards away. On an evening hunt the grandfather gives kid the green light to shoot a deer. Unfortunately it turned out to be a young 8point WT... Oops! "I know I saw spots" he said. Game warden is called and confiscated the deer for HH and they were invited to leave the park. Sad the kids first kill wasn't legal.

Comment

Seasons over. Post up the mistakes.

Comment

In for this!

Comment

Years ago I had my BIL (26), my son (12) and his friend (12) in camp. I had not hunted with my BIL for about 8 years and to be honest I was excite to be sharing camp with him. It was December and we were there to kill 4-5 does. In the morning I get up and hand corn a spot in a dry creek bed. Then set up a chair/blind on a ledge about 60 yds down from the corn. That afternoon I drop the BIL off at the hand corn and explain this is a doe hunt and we are not shooting bucks. I also explain that he has to closely inspect the does to make sure they don't have any horns. He assured me that he is good to go. We'll you know the rest of the story.... I get back to camp with the kids and there is a 35-40 lb BB at the skinning rack. I could have strangled him. After chewing on his ***** for 15 min. He looks me straight in the eye and tells me he didn't realize the difference between a button buck and a doe. Shame on me.
                      Last edited by saintsfan; 03-23-2017, 04:48 PM. Reason: S

Comment

Lease mate from Houston brought his brother and niece out to our place to shoot a hog. Well no pigs would cooperate and she was a crack shot a the range. This 6 year old was shooting real good. She was real excited to get something down. At the range I told my lease mate that I think she could handle shooting a doe, he agreed and she was ready. Drop them off, and we gets a text she shot, we all are super happy. The dad pulls into camp and is hanging his head and the daughter is grinning from ear to ear! She shot a nubber. We all celebrated that deer like she killed a b and c but the dad was upset cause he thought he messed up bad. In the end it's just a deer and that little girl made a memory she will never forget. Not necessarily one we wanted killed but it made my day to see her so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                          Lease mate from Houston brought his brother and niece out to our place to shoot a hog. Well no pigs would cooperate and she was a crack shot a the range. This 6 year old was shooting real good. She was real excited to get something down. At the range I told my lease mate that I think she could handle shooting a doe, he agreed and she was ready. Drop them off, and we gets a text she shot, we all are super happy. The dad pulls into camp and is hanging his head and the daughter is grinning from ear to ear! She shot a nubber. We all celebrated that deer like she killed a b and c but the dad was upset cause he thought he messed up bad. In the end it's just a deer and that little girl made a memory she will never forget. Not necessarily one we wanted killed but it made my day to see her so happy.
                          Excellent attitude and way to handle this !!

Comment

Guest Mistake Stories...

Good for you for not being upset, it happens. I'm sure that young lady will NEVER forget that experience!!

Comment

That's a great memory she'll never forget, really good thing y'all did!

Comment

When I was just a little fella, my dad shot a doe with spots...no, it wasn't a mega fawn. He tagged it and we ate it that night at camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X