Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
    We invited a man and his son out to shoot ONE doe between the two of them. No spikes/bucks. Only one doe total. When we came to pick them up, they had four deer on the ground: two doe and two nubbin' bucks. We were not happy.
    Maybe there needs to be the Barney Fife rule....one bullet only. they can choose who gets it

Comment

Originally posted by LWR2 View Post
      My father used to run a property in Falfurrias for his company before he passed. He had two of the largest Steel MFG Sales reps out for a hunt. We had some really nice deer and had really given them the green light on any mature deer they wanted to take. My dad took one of the guys and I took the other. He was from PA and was very adamant on his hunting abilities. Really an *** and very arrogant. So we come to the first gate and he gets out of the truck with gun in hand and I thought he was opening the gate. Next thing I know he is shooting at a 6 point buck standing in the brush line. Buck drops in his tracks and the guy yells out " How's that you **** redneck". Kinda got a little ****** but what he did not know is we had to pass through another persons land to get to our property and the land owner called the game warden and he was sighted for unlawfully taking a deer without permission. Felt bad for about a minute, but I can still remember him yelling after the shot!
      HOW'S THAT YOU **** REDNECK!
      Holy add clown

Comment

I did something bad onetime. Borrowed the land owners gun and was so bored looking at cows I out the gun up and looked around and then at a cow in the scope and the **** gun went off. The m****** f******* went off and I saw blood coming out of the cow. Cow was worth a it $2K. Anyhow the cow survived and I didn't have to pay for it. But, I confessed to the land owner and really felt like a horses pitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
          I did something bad onetime. Borrowed the land owners gun and was so bored looking at cows I out the gun up and looked around and then at a cow in the scope and the **** gun went off. The m****** f******* went off and I saw blood coming out of the cow. Cow was worth a it $2K. Anyhow the cow survived and I didn't have to pay for it. But, I confessed to the land owner and really felt like a horses pitute.
          sooooooo, what you are saying is the safety was off or the hammer was cocked????

haha

Comment

I read a lot of these. Well, most. I'm gonna have night mares tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post

Comment

got another.....

A lady I know shot a "gorgeous, tall, wall mounter of a buck" (her words) a couple weeks ago. They searched and searched. Found blood when he laid up and then it went dry. They searched after the blood ran dry and never found him. The husband went hunting the next weekend with another person and they shot a doe. As they were trailing the doe, the husband said "are you sure you didnt shoot a basket 8?" The guy said no it was a doe.... They walked up on the dead "gorgeous, tall, wall mounter of a buck" that was dead. It was a small basket 8, not tall, not a wall mounter.

Comment

Had a guy at our lease that was hunting with his muzzle-loader (open sights). Simple rules at the Ranch, DOES ONLY, MLD unless you had permission to shoot a buck. Comes back later that night with a nubbin buck. Landowner asks him if he new it was a nubbin buck and he response Yes. Landowner not pleased at all.

Comment

Guest Mistake Stories...

Better not comment. LOL
                    Last edited by kyle1974; 12-01-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                      Took a guy from work. "does only" I even let him have my box blind while I froze my butt off in a tripod because he had his son.

Boom Boom.............. Boom Boom Boom. nI am sick while driving to get him because I just had a terrible feeling something wasnt right. I get over there and he ground checked a young nine point with the most beautiful chocolate horns you could ever ask for. He tries to pull my heart strings saying it was his sons first deer (son shot it in the head with a 22 cricket after they walked up to it)

I didnt make a scene in front of the young man, but he gutted it and skinnied completely by himself and was never invited back.

The real kicker is the next day i find 2 dead does behind a terrace in the hay field that he never even looked for after he found the buck.
                      Freaken Brutal... I would of been FURIOUS!!!!!

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                          I have seen more people become complete jerks over deer hunting. I love deer hunting but I have seen friends totally screw each other over a deer. I don't get it.
                          I know what your saying all too well. Still to this day blows my mind what people do over a big deer. Lost the best ground ive ever had to a greedy jelous so called "friend".

Comment

We had a paid hunter come out a couple of weeks ago. It was a 35 yr old man with his father and 10 yr old son (from Louisiana). Well they had paid for 2 hunts (8 pts or less, only rule we have) and my dad was going to take grandpa and leave 35 yr old and 10 yr old to shoot any 8 pt they want. Right before they get out of the truck, grandpa says "I am going to hunt with my grandson, yall go ahead". My dad knew it was a bad idea but didn't want to cause a problem with these guys on their first afternoon of the hunt. 30 minutes in.......BOOM.

Go to pick them up after the hunt and goes like this:

Grandpa:" 4 bucks came out and I told him to shoot the biggest one"
                            My Dad: "How many points, was it?"
                            Grandpa: "I have no idea, way outside the ears and somewhere between 8 and 12 points"
                            My Dad: "Congrats young man" pulls grandpa aside and asks if he can count to 8

Call Roy Hindes out to trail the deer and they jump it the next morning and it outruns his dogs for 900 yards. Never to be seen again but Roy thought that deer was bleeding from the bridge of the nose where it appears the bullet struck.

Never did find the deer and have no idea which deer it was. Never found it and never saw any buzzards.

Comment

I was out of town and had a large customer wanting to take his grandson to shoot a doe for meat. I called my brother and had him take him to our company lease. Told him what blind and it was ok to drop him off they were just going to shoot a doe.

Set it up and my brother text me saying he was taking them out. Couple hours later he text me back and said they shot two bucks. I thought for sure he was chitting me. He said no that the customer said they didn't see a doe so they shot two bucks. Both 2 year olds one 10pt and one 9pt.

Worst part is my brother sat in a blind close by and said both shots were before the feeders went off so they didn't wait on a doe.

That was the last time anyone has sat by themselves on our lease.
                              Last edited by txwhitetail; 12-01-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Are there really that many stupid people around? Nevermind, I know the answer to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X