Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Live in Polk county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live in Polk county

Well we got it done tonight! My daughter has been hunting with me and momma as the shooter for the past three years. She has patiently watched her brother kill one every year, while she gets skunked. We have tried three different scopes to adjust the eye relief for her and eventually got it all figured out for her with bubbas 30-30. For the past three hunts I have sat on the stand and watched more doe than the law should allow, and being that we are on a LAMPS lease I have a tag or two to fill.

Tonight we got her up there and told her about all the deer I have been seeing in this stand. I jokingly told her that if she gets skunked again she may want to take up fishing!! As the sun was starting to set she was getting very frustrated, I even watched her wipe a tear or two from the corner of my eye because we had seen nothing. I kept telling her that it will happen just be patient.....then it did! A HORSE if a doe popped out behind us at 30yds, she made a perfect shot and one hour later here is my new hunter and her harvest!! Thank you for reading this, sorry for the long read but I am one proud dad and this is one that will stay with me forever!!!
    Last edited by jp77; 11-03-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Awesome! No luck in Polk county for me yet gonna try it again in the morning.

Comment

man that is a horse of a doe. congrats to you all. special time when its your first for sure

Comment

This year has been good for us, we have been very blessed!!!

Yesterday I was in the stand and got to witness the rut in full swing here in Polk co. I watched a small three point working a doe hard, then the linebacker/bull of a buck charged out of the thicket at the smaller buck. Ran him off and then presented a shot. After shooting him I watched the smaller buck attempt to breed that doe for 20 min on the pipeline!!! As I was getting out of the stand a nice 6 ran another doe, I would say that the rut is in full swing here in my part of Polk co right now!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X