Nace Ranch..... Val Verde County!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    We got back from the ranch yesterday. They had a big rain last week and washed out roads in our place. It’s super green though and the deer aren’t hitting the corn.
    What part of Val Verde are you in? I'm hoping to head out this Sunday. We are in the NW part of the county. I know they got some rain, just not sure how much.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      What part of Val Verde are you in? I'm hoping to head out this Sunday. We are in the NW part of the county. I know they got some rain, just not sure how much.
      He is across from me around Dolan Creek Road off HWY 277

Comment

We are a couple of miles north of the Loma Alta store off 277.

Comment

A Pic of the 12 Point I shot just before I arrowed him

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171020_144309_1508528602380.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	24515133

Comment

Well we just got back from the ranch, Man it's Hot....but the boy got it done on his 2nd buck!!!

Name:	IMG_20171104_145416.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	24518146

Name:	IMG_20171104_171331.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	24518147

Name:	Resized_20171105_070613.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	24518148

Name:	Resized_20171104_183955.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	24518149

Name:	Resized_20171104_184147.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	24518150

Name:	Resized_20171104_184722_003.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24518151

Name:	Resized_20171104_185322.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	24518152

Comment

Congrats to him!

Yeah, it was HOT! Probably the worst opening weekend I've ever seen. Hot with a full moon doesn't make for good conditions at all!

Comment

Yeah, it was HOT! Probably the worst opening weekend I've ever seen. Hot with a full moon doesn't make for good conditions at all!
                It was hot I hunt next county over in Terrell county. only heard 5 shots the entire weekend from the countryside. None in our camp saw anything to shoot. All IO had were Mule deer. Whitetails were on camera at around 2am

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                  It was hot I hunt next county over in Terrell county. only heard 5 shots the entire weekend from the countryside. None in our camp saw anything to shoot. All IO had were Mule deer. Whitetails were on camera at around 2am
                  I only heard 3 shots.....1 being us. Still a great time.

Comment

Going back for at least a week starting next Friday!!! Weather seems to be a better coming up.

Comment

Man that’s awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                        I hunt both Val Verde and Terrell County. I heard one shot and that was on Monday morning before I left out. I shot twice, but it was mouflon cross sheep we have roaming around. I'm going back the weekend of the 18th. I hope the weather cooperates a little better. Then may go back the first week of December for a couple of days.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Ya'll

Comment

Are y’all seeing the rut starting earlier this year? Had a couple of guys out at the ranch this past weekend and they are seeing bucks with their noses in the ground. Ours is usually the first of December.

Comment

I saw a couple of young bucks pushing does a little, but not a lot of it. Like you said it's usually the first of December before things really get jiggy.

Comment

Working...
                                X