No announcement yet.

Val Verde County Rut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am heading to Comstock tomorrow to hunt until Monday. Glad to hear that the rut is still going on.

Comment

Not seeing much rut action....very odd year

Comment

Didn't see much rut activity.

Comment

Saw a buck following/chasing a doe that had a yearling with her. Could not really watch them for a long time but it almost seemed like the buck was following with a purpose in mind. Both the buck and doe could not have been more than 2.5 years old. Could this be part of the second rut??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Saw a buck following/chasing a doe that had a yearling with her. Could not really watch them for a long time but it almost seemed like the buck was following with a purpose in mind. Both the buck and doe could not have been more than 2.5 years old. Could this be part of the second rut??
            Very odd this year, don't think there was ever a full blown rut

Comment

When will bucks drop their antlers in Val Verde County?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^Late March, April and even into May is what I have seen.^^^

Comment

Agreed, as late as April from what I have seen.
                  We get alot of good buck pictures in our pens from January through the end of March.

Comment

Anyone seeing any activity??? I got a Report that they were going NUTS in Rock Springs

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
                      Anyone seeing any activity??? I got a Report that they were going NUTS in Rock Springs
                      Hows the rut looking right now?

Comment

Yep...

a couple of weeks ago I killed a good 8 chasing. Every buck I saw this past weekend had very black hocks. There wasn't much movement this past weekend though due to the warm weather and the full moon. I expect this weather to make them bust out chasing.

Checking my records, every big buck I've killed whether mule deer or whitetail has happened during the week of December 6-13. I should be at the lease.

Comment

Next year I am moving my vacation days to this week instead of last week. That's 2 yrs in a row without seeing what I consider hardcore rut activity.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                            Next year I am moving my vacation days to this week instead of last week. That's 2 yrs in a row without seeing what I consider hardcore rut activity.

Yeah, I'll take a few days this time next year as well. I have no idea why I went last weekend. I knew it was going to be warm and a super moon, but I went anyway. Besides, by the lease rules I've already killed a mature deer, 8 points or better. Now, all I can whack is culls and does. It would have really sucked had a really big buck walked out. But, I digress.

I've already marked it on my calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
                              We were out last weekend and they were starting to push. The hot weather and full moon didn't help but saw some movement. Had a great shooter Friday afternoon but couldn't close the deal. He has never been on camera either and we are finally seeing mature deer as the last few years have been only young bucks. I'd be back out this weekend but have my wifes company party Friday night so we will be heading out next Thursday.

blntry,
                              Do you have problems with poachers on your place?

Comment

My company Christmas party is this Friday. I'm so temped to skip it. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X