No announcement yet.

Springfield Armory Compact XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the best place (lowest price) to buy a XD40 subcompact. I have been planning on buying one but it seems that the subcompact model is hard to get.

Comment

nobody has mentioned the 45 gap. Is it not a good round? buddy of mine has a XD in that round.

Comment

The 45 GAP is a shortened 45 ACP that will fit into a compact pistol more the size of a 9mm or 40cal. With bullets in the 180gr range it has the performance of a 45ACP. It is a good round but would be very hard to find ammo for. I would have a problem with that.

Comment

Cabelas had a few in stock.

Comment

I have two XD's in 9mm as that is what I prefer. Stay away from the .357 as the ammo is just too hard to find and quite expensive to boot, at least that is the problem here in East Texas.

I like to purchase at the larger gun shows, usually from Bachman Pawn as they are usually the lowest. I picked up two Sub Compacts at the last show in Houston, a Bi Tone for $399.95 and a Green for $379.95 and both had the Fobus Holster and 2 High Cap mags in the package.

I do like the nifty collars for the full size mags that make for a uniform look when you decide to carry a full size mag on the Sub frame.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
              Cat,n, I am guessing you are just dumping rounds? A Grand Master IPSC shooter can fire about 5 "aimed" rounds a second. I can get close to 4(timed splits of .25 sec.) aimed rounds a second. Might hit something and might not with the G-lock 35.

I could maybe hit a barn. At one time I was able to keep most of them in a Barrel.

Comment

Man thats a sweet looking gun Casey I cant wait to get mine!

Comment

I decided on the service .45 and a 9MM compact going for the paper work tomorrow

Comment

Anybody seen/ shot the Taurus PT1911 that just came out? In American Rifleman the advertise list $599 in stainless, for a pretty 'tricked-out' pistol.

Comment

I got the compact 9MM in Black and the service .45 in 2 tone Black over Drab.
                      The wife has already claimed the 9MM.

They were a little more at sprtsman warehouse than Cabelas but I didnt have to drive as far. An they had it all in stock.

Comment

I cant wait to hit the range off 1431 tomorrow. I will see how she shoots.

Comment

No pics? New toys require pics!

Comment

I will post pics tomorrow.
                            After the range

Comment

Working...
                            X