X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always full for me.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
      You are going to get a dozen answers on this question. Being you have to use steel shot or other non-lead shot, you can usually get by with fairly open chokes. I don't know how far your shots will be but I bet you will be fine with IC in most circumstances. Remember, with steel shot, it patterns much more dense than with lead.

Dave
      This is dead on. If you shoot an IC with lead, it patterns like a Modified with steel and so on for the other chokes.

Comment

Modified

Comment

PatternMaster Classic in the extened range ported is what I have shot for 10+ years for geese and ducks.
          Last edited by Shoalwater; 09-09-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHB4 View Post
            This is dead on. If you shoot an IC with lead, it patterns like a Modified with steel and so on for the other chokes.
            This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

IC for ducks over decoys.

Comment

Briley in mod

Comment

Light Mod for most of my duck hunting. Late in the season or over big open water Improved mod.

Comment

Black Cloud mid range

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Light Mod for most of my duck hunting. Late in the season or over big open water Improved mod.
                      You would have to be different Dave wouldn't you?

I'm pretty sure you know though!

Comment

it just depends...where you are hunting, what gun you are using (auto vs O/U),weather conditions

for me if I am shooting the O/U I will shoot IC/skeet or Lt Mod/IC if its windy or later in the season...if I am shooting the auto I will use IC most of the time

also depends on how good a caller is with me, and if we are hunting with one of my dogs or someone elses dog

Comment

Patternmaster Code Black. I use it for everything.

Comment

I prefer a modified but ate season look into something like a Drake Killer or a Patter Master Code Black Duck choke.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              X2

Improved Modified is the way to go unless you are shooting them real close over decoys ( <25). Take some advice from Turkey hunters and actually pattern a couple loads at the distance you plan to shoot. Don't get too hung up on choke size. You want something that throws a nice even consistent pattern. Brand X improved modified might substantially out perform brand Y improved modified.

Patternmaster, Briley and Trulock extended chokes tend to significantly out perform factory chokes in my experience. Personally Trulock's are my favorite duck and bird chokes.

Comment

Full choke for open setups

IC for timber setups

Comment

Working...
                                X