No announcement yet.

Yildiz shotguns are junk!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear he is ok. Thanks for the post. I was going to buy one too, but not now.

Comment

So glad to hear he was not hurt. I too am a happy Yildiz owner with 2,000+ rounds through mine. I am curious to see how Yildiz fixed the issue. Keep us posted

Comment

I look forward to finding out the true cause.

It is true that Yildez is a less expensive shotgun but I have been around many and own 3 and they have all been great guns. My kids competed for 3 years with their Yildez 20 ga guns. They averaged a case of shells per week for 6-7 months of the year. That's a lot of shooting to be "junk guns"

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          I look forward to finding out the true cause.

It is true that Yildez is a less expensive shotgun but I have been around many and own 3 and they have all been great guns. My kids competed for 3 years with their Yildez 20 ga guns. They averaged a case of shells per week for 6-7 months of the year. That's a lot of shooting to be "junk guns"
          I'm glad you've had good luck with them, but I've never owned one and never will. I'm a firm believer you get exactly what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
            I'm glad you've had good luck with them, but I've never owned one and never will. I'm a firm believer you get exactly what you pay for.
            What you just said..in context of what you replied to.. makes no sense what so ever.

Comment

Yildiz may be a budget shotgun but they shouldn't do that obviously. Yildiz cant afford this kind of press and sure not a lawsuit had he been hurt. I bet they will be more than happy to make it right and them some.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                What you just said..in context of what you replied to.. makes no sense what so ever.
                Sure it did. My reference was to the "junk guns" part of the comment that he referenced from the original post of mine. Let me clarify, in my experience they are cheep junk. Lucky it didn't cost my brother in law his life or at the very least a disable him in any manner.
                Last edited by MASTERS; 09-08-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Scary

Never heard a bad thing about them until now....

Comment

coulda been bad. glad he is ok. regardless of what kind of gun it was, it would be hard for me to buy / trust the same brand of gun if that happened to me.

Comment

Wow! I had heard they were decent and actually thought about getting one. Guess not!

Comment

Originally posted by camo_cowboy55 View Post
                        What ever academy he went to is BS, he bought the gun from academy and they need to send it off to get it repaired . Which ever sales associate said you have to get a FFL and send it off is full of it , you take that gun back to academy and tell them they need to send it off !

You have any questions about that PM me
                        I understand you work for Academy, BUT every academy that I have ever bought a gun from has always told me if there is an issue with the gun to call the manufacturer and that Academy is pretty much done with the deal at the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          I understand you work for Academy, BUT every academy that I have ever bought a gun from has always told me if there is an issue with the gun to call the manufacturer and that Academy is pretty much done with the deal at the sale.
                          yup. everytime i bought a firearm from academy, i had to sign a piece of paper stating gun sales are final and and repairs/ returns need to be sent to the manufacturer. But a ffl is not needed when sending a firearm to manufacturer for repairs. call yildiz and they should send you shipping instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCracker View Post
                            Wow! I had heard they were decent and actually thought about getting one. Guess not!
                            All I can say is that you can find an instance of any firearm manufacturer on this planet having issues. Be it berretta, winchester, remington, you name it, don't let a bad review ruin it for the entire company, tons of people on this thread alone have had good experiences with them.

To the OP, why didn't he get it checked out when he was having issues with it? Sounds like you are just asking for trouble by continuing to shoot the gun with a known issue. Also the customer service reflects only on academy not yildiz. I bet they are more than willing to fix the problem if yall contact them directly.

Comment

Yep, same here.... bought a defective gun at Academy, took it back the next day and they wouldn't take it. They don't want to get involved in the packing/shipping/repair business. They are a retail store, like Walmart, not a gun shop.

You'd think they would at least take it back as an exchange for a new one, since it was obviously defective, but that's the deal.

By the way.... I've heard nothing but good about those Yildiz guns. Sounds like you got a real one-off lemon or something. Or is is possible you got some kind of one-in-a-million "hot" shotshell?

Comment

Glad he is ok. But every gun has that potential. Think about how many if y'all like Glock and they KB frequently.

Comment

Working...
                                X