Vanilla as an Attractant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oneshotwonder View Post
    Interesting, I knew it was a good bug repellent...maybe I'll give that a shot!

^^^^ this ^^^^^

Comment

I used to dab it behind my ears. Chicks dig it too!

Comment

Originally posted by txstringbender View Post
        I'm thinkin I'm gonna drag a log over in front of my camera next to my feeder and start putting vanilla on it now. Let them get used to it, and then use it as a cover scent on me. The wind is really crazy in the spot I hunt so going scent free is really difficult (since you can't entirely cover up the human scent). I always seem to get winded. This might just be the ticket to that spot.
        This is why I use the Ozonics, crazy wind and deer crossing my downwind to get to my feeder.

One more item for my bag of tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
          It works.I witnessed it last year.Smells good too!Not sure if it attracted them but they weren't afraid of it either.
          I bet you a dollar you saw the same truck as I did.

Comment

Bout 20 years ago I sprayed some on me one hot early October day and off to the stand I went. I swatted bees all afternoon! Last time I sprayed it on me.

Comment

When using this as a spray do u mix it with water or what

Comment

Deer are curious to anything with a sweet,fruity or nutty etc etc etc smell. Its a multi million dollar buisness to lure hunters into also each season. No different than a fishing lure. Vanilla is #2345 on the list of 5000 things a deer might come to. #1 ...corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  This is why I use the Ozonics, crazy wind and deer crossing my downwind to get to my feeder.

One more item for my bag of tricks.
                  I can smear a whole lot of vanilla on myself for $350. I didn't realize they cost that much.

Comment

At one time I thought about burning a bunch of brush in the vicinity of my set-up, let the deer get used to the smell of the burned wood over time and then smoke my cloths as a cover scent.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischop04 View Post
                      When using this as a spray do u mix it with water or what
                      Yes, i put a little bottle of extract in a spray bottle and add water to the top.
                      Spray everything around the set up. I even spray my hand corn.
                      I do not use a feeder and every year for the past 3 years i hand corn after not having corn out all year and spray it down with in an hour or two i always have deer with in 15 yards

Comment

Good info! I'll have to give it a try.

Comment

Used to use vanilla quite a bit. Get a spray bottle and pour a little pure extract in and mix with water. Great cover scent. Never used as an attractant though.

Comment

Hmmm, may give er a whirl..

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              I bet you a dollar you saw the same truck as I did.
                              Heck,I rode in it for a week.Killed my biggest buck ever on that trip.

Comment

Vanilla as an Attractant?

A buddy of mine at work told me about it so I've been using it for about 4 months. Will see how it works this season, it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X