"OFFICIAL" 2013-2014 Duck Hunter's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I'm unofficially done deer hunting for the year so it'll be ducks/geese from now.

Ryan, we'll be headed your way in a couple weeks. Looking forward to it.
    I think I was done with deer before the season started.

Comment

hunted 5 days this past week. monday- limits, thur- 3 teal and a gad, fri- 16 redheads, sat- 5 redheads 5 blue bills, sun- 1 spoony. have a couple pics ill post up later

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
        hunted 5 days this past week. monday- limits, thur- 3 teal and a gad, fri- 16 redheads, sat- 5 redheads 5 blue bills, sun- 1 spoony. have a couple pics ill post up later
        Were y'all hunting lease property

Comment

Originally posted by Strong Slinger View Post
          Were y'all hunting lease property
          nope.. i have only hunted the lease about 5 times, plan to hunt it more in december

Comment

Any of y'all know a good place close to Houston to hunt? Guided or unguided

Comment

Had awesome hunts fri and sat on the lease in bastrop. Its sure is great to be good friends with a landowner. Fri we shot a 2 man limit in 15 min. It was amazing. Woodies, gadwall, teal, redheads-which are rare in that area, heck even shot a couple hooded merganzers. I had planned on waiting to see if some green heads would show up but we were done so fast. Haha I'm planning on going back sunday to set up another blind and get one last hunt in before the split ends. My normal hunting buddy can't make it so I'm looking for some help.

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                Had awesome hunts fri and sat on the lease in bastrop. Its sure is great to be good friends with a landowner. Fri we shot a 2 man limit in 15 min. It was amazing. Woodies, gadwall, teal, redheads-which are rare in that area, heck even shot a couple hooded merganzers. I had planned on waiting to see if some green heads would show up but we were done so fast. Haha I'm planning on going back sunday to set up another blind and get one last hunt in before the split ends. My normal hunting buddy can't make it so I'm looking for some help.
                I'd help you out but we're going to be at KJO this weekend hunting between our split. I'm sure somebody will help you out.

Comment

I had a good hunt before work this morning. I hunted a flooded pasture out of a layout blind and ended up with 4 Gadwall and a Hooded Merganser. I had a couple of geese pass over really high, circle back, and drop down just out of shooting range. They circled my decoys for at least 10 minutes before leaving. It was the first time I thought I might get a shot at one. I know nothing about calling geese but I was wishing I owned a goose call this morning.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386047878423.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	24268735

Comment

Originally posted by Rabidbowhunter View Post
                    Any of y'all know a good place close to Houston to hunt? Guided or unguided
                    PM sent

Comment

The 14th seems like a long ways away.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                        The 14th seems like a long ways away.....
                        Yeah. I'll be busy at KJO this wekend so it won't be too bad.

Comment

Ryan empty your inbox I'm trying to pm you.

Comment

Every hole I passed going trough OK yesterday was loaded with birds. Everything from Kansas up is finally starting to freeze over. This should really bring the birds down over the next few weeks

Comment

Can someone clarify for me so that I don't think I am crazy: I am in the North Zone (Nacogdoches County) and this is the last weekend before the split, correct? Sunday is the last day, then it opens again in two weeks, right?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X