No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" 2013-2014 Duck Hunter's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love big water hunting . Been cut-n back on the duck deques and adding more Canadas to the spread. Both floaters, shells, and full bodies. Gonna need a bigger boat soon too . Or maybe a separate boat just for gear ?

Crews, nice rig .

Comment

I can't wait but I still have a lot to do. Blind to finish, dekes to paint, finishing touched on my buddy's boat. I've got two calls being blessed by Mr Richenback. Also hoping and praying my new gun will be here by teal season.

Comment

Originally posted by JMcCullough View Post
        Anyone else hunt public land? I've been plagued with trying to locate a lease so It looks as if I will revert back to the basics to get me further into the marsh than the others. I've got the advantage of having the Sabine River a short hike thru the woods from the house and can take woodies all day long but really looking to put some green in a strap this year.
        When I'm not guiding, I hunt alot of public.

Comment

Been building blinds all week. Rice is getting cut and pits going in the ground this weekend.

Comment

I cant Wait !!!Built a small Pond to see if it works to Bring them In of course I need some RAIN!!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
              I'm ready. Bought a couple of lightly used pair of waders this weekend at an estate sale in case mine spring a leak.

Getting a new barrel for my Wingmaster 20ga so my girlfriend won't have to shoot a full choke at dove.
              Why dont you get the barrel threaded for choke tubes instead of buying a new barrel?

Comment

I'm ready

Comment

My buddy and I can't wait for the opener. We hunt east and west matagorda and the Sargent area sometimes.

Comment

So this is a noob question...this will be my first early Teal season...what tricks or tips do you use to tell Teal from other ducks? Last thing I want is to take the wrong flavor..

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                      So this is a noob question...this will be my first early Teal season...what tricks or tips do you use to tell Teal from other ducks? Last thing I want is to take the wrong flavor..
                      Fortunately most of the ducks in Texas during September teal season ARE teal, so you shouldnt have much of an issue. That being said, teal are considerably smaller than most other ducks, and typically fly in bigger groups. They're also much faster flying than most of your other puddlers.

Comment

Can't wait. No deer lease this year but on one heck of a duck/goose lease. We did pretty good last year and this year we are ready for them. We have a fairly small spread. 30 dozen sillosock and whiterock mixed and 18 fliers. Just put new grass on my layout blind and ordered a couple cases of shells for this season.

Comment

the dog and I are friggin stokked! ready to kill some rice rockets!!
                          got on a lease this year for the first time in my life, it's through coastal prairie outfitters. anyone else on it? might have to try and hook up for a hunt if two!

Comment

Originally posted by Strong Slinger View Post
                            I'm ready
                            Yup......

Comment

I'm ready for the ordeal to begin!

Comment

In

Comment

Working...
                                X