No announcement yet.

What Knife Did You Buy Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked these two up at the Bastrop gun show last weekend. Probably over paid for them but I said the same thing 20 years ago when they were half the price they are now. From what I can tell based on my research and from the guy who sold them to me is the Case two blade is from 1970 or older and the Schrade is from between 73-76. Not by any means an expert and I take what the guy that sold it to me with a grain of salt.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      Picked these two up at the Bastrop gun show last weekend. Probably over paid for them but I said the same thing 20 years ago when they were half the price they are now. From what I can tell based on my research and from the guy who sold them to me is the Case two blade is from 1970 or older and the Schrade is from between 73-76. Not by any means an expert and I take what the guy that sold it to me with a grain of salt.
      That Case is a nice find. I think its from 1940-1964

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_102244.png
Views:	1
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	24683051

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        In 2000 Case came out with a secret limited addition set of 5 knives. It has a CASE111 shield to signify their 111 year in business. they randomly shipped out the knives without announcing the set. by the time collectors caught wind most were all in circulation. I chose to collect those because that was the year Clay was born and one day they'd all be his.

[ATTACH]1089187[/ATTACH]

It took me about 5 years of watching Ebay to get the whole set. I think I have the only complete set of the 111's. They did that for 5 years. Collectors pocketed all the ones after the first year. 112, 113, 114 and 115 sets come up for sale here and there but I've never seen a set of 111's for sale.

[ATTACH]1089188[/ATTACH]

I also have some with a Case2000 shield and then just some regular 10 dot 2000's
        [ATTACH]1089189[/ATTACH]

Then I have one or two more that the wife hasn't found yet.

What a great set!! I’m just starting out and trying to identify my area of interest. I think I do prefer half stop models so I may just start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up a few old folders at a yard sale this morning for $10.

That bone handle scout knife on the bottom is probably 75 years old.Click image for larger version

Name:	20220515_085541.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	24683223

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X