Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Parker Hunter Mag

Comment

This all made me think of the old Jennings Super T in the closet, so I pulled it out and shot it a couple of times. 1978 Jennings Super T, and the old flipper rest. I could hardly draw it and keep the arrow on the durn thing. I was laughing out loud and my son was making fun of me because the arrow kept falling off the rest.

It ripped 'em out at a 150 fps or so (I am guessing) and man was it loud. Got a kick out of it though, and I am amazed it didn't just come apart.
      Kevin I had one and the top limb delaminated at full draw back in 85. It was the Speed bow back in her day. Mine met her demise after too many days in the heat and decided to explode during a practice session. Scared the crap out of me

Comment

hoyt enticer 1996 and its still rated faster than all but the hoyt 2011 alphaburner, go figure

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
          2002 Parker Hunter Mag
          I've only been bowhunting since 2006 and the first bow I bought was a Parker Hunter Mag from cabelas. It was good enuff to kill animals but I got caught in the whole speed thing and bought a Monster. My Parker killed them just as good as my Monster does now...

Comment

I finally broke down last year and bought a used Switchback, like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              Up until the December, I was shooting a early 90's Jennings Carbon Extreme. The Bear Instinct was a much needed upgrade! I shot a hog last winter with the Jennings on a cold arse day and I was under-dressed for the weather. It was a real struggle to get it drawn. I still have that JCE though...kinda hate to get rid of it.
              Same here. A really good bow but after two shoulder surgeries I can't draw it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                '92 PSE Fire-Flight Express. I beat'cha!
                The 1991 Fire-Flight Express (with overdraw) AND aluminum arrows just got stored away about 3 years ago. I put my name and the year I bought it on the riser the day I bought it.

Now shooting a Matthews Legacy (dont know what year) and really dont have any intentions to look for another for awhile.

Comment

Shooting an Outback from 2004. Love that bow, nothing has ducked it yet, it drives tacks and it's super quiet. Not to mention, I've got confidence in it!

Why change?

Comment

I still shoot a PSE Laser, 96 model. She is long and heavy, but still puts em on the ground. I am ready to upgrade, just don't have the money to do it.

Comment

my bow is a 1992-3 PSE marauder, still kills every deer I shoot at

Comment

I went from a XI Velocity Extreme (Miles Keller) to a Buckmaster G2 in 04 with a Zero Effect rest. Shoots great so I see no need for change.

Comment

I'm with Roscoe. Still shooting my 1990 model Carbon Extreme. It was top-of-the-line back then, but a dinosaur compared to today's compounds. It still shoots where I point it and has killed a lot of critters though. When I'm not hunting with it I am using one of my old recurve bows that are probably as old as I am.

Comment

Old equipment is good for nostalgia, but new equipment if far ahead of that stuff. I still have my 1993 High Country Royal Hunter. But my 2003 Bowtech Patriot Dually is heads above it and my '08 GT500 is heads above the Dually. Faster, smoother, quieter.

Will the HC still kill deer? Of course it will, but the new stuff is much more comfortable to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

09 Monster. Probably upgrade this year if Mathews can do better than the Z7

Comment

I shoot an old PSE Strato Flite... I don't know when it was purchased (a guy I know gave it to me), but I would guess late 80's to mid-90's... wish I could afford something new but college ain't cheap :/

Comment

Working...
                                X