"Old" Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnors06 View Post
    I wonder if the people that started this thread in 2008 are still shooting the same bows today?? My bow is a 2010 maxxis.
    Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    I don't shoot it much, but I usually hunt with a few times a year. I have a Golden Eagle Predator that I believe is an early 90's model. My Dad still has is Bear Whitetail that is in good working order......
    I still try and kill at least one animal a year with my Golden Eagle Predator, but have upgraded from my '03 Hoyt Ultrasport to a 2011 Hoyt Maxxis.

This may be one of the oldest threads ever revived not once but twice

Comment

TTT for updates from any of you who posted to this thread earlier, and still use (or even own) the same bows.

Lot of old names on this one.

Comment

I now shoot a Mathews Switchback…no reason to buy a new one.

Comment

Dang love seeing the names on a good thread resurrection.

Not old by some of yalls standards but a 6 year old expedition eccentric is what's been in the stand with me and will be again this year.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Still with my Q2

Comment

My back up is a Hoyt ultra tech from around 07

Comment

Ya'll making me feel good about my practically brand new Elite Pluse ('14 model I think)

I've never understood the whole get a new bow every year crowd

Comment

Still rocking the 08 Bowtech general I bought through my first job when I was 16

Comment

I missed this thread when Casey posted it. I was shooting a 2000 Mathews Q2 at the time. I think I also had a shoulder injury when this thread was posted. And bought a Parker youth Buckshot 30-40lb cause that's all I could draw when 2008 season started, after a full summer of physical therapy. I did work my way back up to the Q2 by the end of that season; abet only 60 lbs. Bought a Elite Judge in 2010. And a second used Judge in 2012. Still have a 1978 Indian with hangers and wheels. I've also added two Used DXTs to the collection. And two new X-bows. I just like shoot-n stuff.

Comment

I shoot a Hoyt something or another that was a hand me down. I think it’s from the late nineties. I bought a new bow every 3-4 years when I was teens and early twenties. My dad gave me his old bow when I was just getting started again after college and house-poor. I know it’s slower and loud, but I like to think about the deer my dad hunted with it. I always said I’d get a cool new bow and a cool new shotgun once I started doing okay financially, until I hunted pheasants with my wife’s great uncles and saw how much fun they had with their old Winchester model 12’s. I guess the desire for the latest and greatest has just faded.

Comment

When this thread was started I was shooting a 97 model Hoyt tenacity. Shooting it I snapped the cable guard and Hoyt told me they had just thrown away all of the old parts for that model! I bought a used 07 Guardian and still shoot it.

Comment

I'm shooting my 2009 DXT. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold/traded... Don't remember. my 1997 Feathermax in 2011 to buy a Z7 from Mathews. Still shooting the 2011 model.

Comment

Mathews Z7 - can’t recall year I bought it

Comment

Still shooting my SB! Can't make myself go shoot a new one!

Comment

Working...
                                X