East Texas Mountain Lion or Black Panther Sightings/ Killings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    I called the GW a few years ago after I saw one on my lease. He said it was not uncommon to see them around here any more and said I could shoot them if I wanted to. He also added "there's really no reason to shoot them". So, legally you can shoot them but he didn't want me to is what I gathered.
    no reason to shoot one?? id be willing to bet they kill more deer/hogs than a coytoe.. and for that for me is more than enough reason to shoot one.

Comment

Maybe the black panther and the Bigfoot camp out together and eat beef jerky at night and laugh about the photos

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
        no reason to shoot one?? id be willing to bet they kill more deer/hogs than a coytoe.. and for that for me is more than enough reason to shoot one.
        endangered species in U.S. - $3500 fine

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I hope TPWD updates this soon as there is a KNOWN breeding population of Jaguars along the Rio Grande North of Laredo.
          Pics?

Comment

My Dad and I hunted Fairfield in the mid 90's and we were driving down a dirt road heading to the lease and had one "a large black or very dark colored cat" walking straight down the road in front of us, when he turned sideways there was no doubt it was a cougar sized cat, at least 6 feet with a long wavy tail. I was 18 or so at the time, and neither me nor my dad had a drop to drink too wonder why they have never showed on someones game camera, but I can't deny what we saw.

Comment

Here is something to think about, how many counties does TPWD show there have been confirmed sightings of just plain "cougars" in Texas, now compare that to how many regular brown cougars you have even seen game pictures of, not near as many pics as the number of them that have been sighted. If nothing else, someone released one or a few and they have mated. I am sure there is a VERY low population of them, if any still around any longer, but I know what I saw, there was no mistaken it.

Comment

weve had a few people on our lease claim to they say the "saw a black panther" but not sure if they were just jerking our chain or not

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                  Pics?
                  Google Warner Glenn and the Malapais Birder lands. Or something like that. He is a rancher in AZ that hunt cats. He has pics if a Jag in the US. But they aint black

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                    Google Warner Glenn and the Malapais Birder lands. Or something like that. He is a rancher in AZ that hunt cats. He has pics if a Jag in the US. But they aint black
                    a young male aguar was sighted in 2009 but with no females around, no reason for it to stay

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                      a young male aguar was sighted in 2009 but with no females around, no reason for it to stay
                      Yea...i skipped over the breading population part. Just a little info for the conversation.

I hate to tell everyone but if there were black cats in east texas we would have poached them all out a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cable View Post
                        Don't exist. Period.
                        OH YEAH?!?! Then what are these?

Comment

There's a pic of a black one floating around on the internet from Louisiana.

Comment

I hunt in the little cypress bottoms and yes I have seen one on one occasion 3 years ago thanksgiving. I hate sharing the story because are very very rare. The "black cat" was huge, bulky, and definitly remember a J shaped tail almost touching the ground. In a 3 mile radius of my familtys land where I hunt there is a preacher man that lives through the woods. I have asked him over his 20 years living there and he has since this particular cat on 2 occasions. Also my uncle that passed 2 years ago from pancrotic cancer told me with out me saying anything that he had some news before I passed he wanted me to know about. The news was a week before he left us and he said he had seen the "black cat" big he said with a J shaped tail out in the pasture 3 years ago. We all are like I said in a 3 mile radius. Just my experience and that's all I got

Comment

I have one as a pet

Comment

I just can understand why it`s so hard for some people to admit that these black panthers do exist.

We`re not talking about an allien, zombi, space ship, chupacabras or bigfoots but something ABSOLUTELY REAL...

If we can find and see one at a zoo why is so hard to understand that one could be roaming free???

Jaguars still can be found in some places of Mexico (Tamaulipas) and jaguars sometimes are BLACK as a matter of fact with some special light you can clearly see the spots on a black jaguar, those black panthers seen in Texas must be jaguars not cougars BUT if a deer can sometimes be plain white why in the world a cougar cannot have another color???

I did see one along with a friend years ago around Zapata Co, in a ranch located not very far from the border, I know some other people already must had saw that same big black cat but they might refuse to admit it since everytime someone talks about a black panther sighting is like saying the most bigger lie of the history.

Yep, unfortunatelly I don`t have any pictures as a proof, but that dopes not mean I`m a liar.

I don`t mind if someone laught at me for admiting this, I do know what I saw, I wasn`t drunk, it was daylight and the encounter was not more than 20 yards, the cat stepped out in the sendero while we were opening a gate, he stopped right in the middle of it there wasn`t ANY bush or obstacle between him and us, he saw us and the continued walking he`s way, he slipped under the ranch fence wire and went into the heavy brush of the adyacent ranch, he never acted scared, he even paused a bit to turn back and see us again just before getting into the heavy brush.

You guys can laugh as loud as you want but please give a little credibility when someone talks about seen a black panther... do not spit to the air, it may get back and fall on you.

And no, forget about going to get popcorn, I`m not going to go deeper on this... if you don`t belive me I will not loose my sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X