No announcement yet.

East Texas Mountain Lion or Black Panther Sightings/ Killings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how would one know the difference between a black panther and a black jaguar? Idk if black panthers exist or not. Wouldn't surprise me if one lives in the navasota river bottoms. But I'm sure if Jesus came back and pulled a black panther outta his pocket people would say there's no such thing

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
      So how would one know the difference between a black panther and a black jaguar? Idk if black panthers exist or not. Wouldn't surprise me if one lives in the navasota river bottoms. But I'm sure if Jesus came back and pulled a black panther outta his pocket people would say there's no such thing
      Cougars and jaguars look different..

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Cougars and jaguars look different..
        So is a black panther a cougar? lol. That's enough proof to me there's no such thing as black panthers

Comment

So is a black panther a cougar? lol. That's enough proof to me there's no such thing as black panthers
          The mythical creature people claim as a black panther is a black cougar...which doesn't exist. Haha

Jaguars can definitely be black

Comment

I will just leave this right here...

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
              I will just leave this right here...

Bwhahaaa! Winning

Comment

I've posted this on here before, but I'll share it again. I had an encounter with a big black cat back in the early 80s. Situation was this, it was a Friday night, we were in Bay City, 3rd and 8, for some stupid reason our coach called right end around, I got the ball and never got to the around portion of the play, I was hit from behind by what seemed like a building falling over, I still have a limp and will twitch a little if someone slips up on my blindside. I'm here to tell you they existed in Bay City in the 80s and you did not want any part of them.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                  I've posted this on here before, but I'll share it again. I had an encounter with a big black cat back in the early 80s. Situation was this, it was a Friday night, we were in Bay City, 3rd and 8, for some stupid reason our coach called right end around, I got the ball and never got to the around portion of the play, I was hit from behind by what seemed like a building falling over, I still have a limp and will twitch a little if someone slips up on my blindside. I'm here to tell you they existed in Bay City in the 80s and you did not want any part of them.

In that context there were a number of big black cats in the Tatum area in the mid-90's. They could be seen barreling directly at me on the numerous kickoffs I returned that night for the Bullard PANTHERS. I think 70-7 was the final score but dangit we scored our touchdown first.

Comment

Epic battle continues

Comment

My father in law has seen a dark colored mountain lion (maybe dark brown) a few times near his farm in Waller county. I'll be putting a game cam out there when I move to Katy next month.

Comment

Idk if black panthers exist or not. Wouldn't surprise me if one lives in the navasota river bottoms.

So you don't know if they exist but it wouldn't surprise you if one was living in the Navasota River Bottoms?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          So you don't know if they exist but it wouldn't surprise you if one was living in the Navasota River Bottoms?

Well, in his defense it's not to terribly far to Houston from Navasota.

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
                            Every small town in Texas has Black Panthers stories, and every lake dam in Texas has had divers go down and see catfish as big as volkswagons! Heard them all as a kid!

I did see a Mt. Lion on the Escondido ranch in Freer. Only one I've ever seen alive.
                            I saw a dead one hit by a car on the side of the road in Sarita Tx. years ago.

Yes!!! x2 on the first part lol spot on!

Comment

If I could figure out how to post a pic, I'll show y'all the one of a regular, run of the mill, cougar on my trail cam from 2 years ago, from my lease near Apple Springs. Help me with posting the pic, and I'll be glad to share it.
                              Last edited by dwwilliams72; 11-11-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

black panther, squatch, chupa, lets go ahead and add high fence jumping deer to the list of "ive seen it I swear!" yet no pics or videos exist.

I'm not callin ya a liar, just sayin I don't believe ya

Comment

Working...
                                X