Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

East Texas Mountain Lion or Black Panther Sightings/ Killings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Maybe I'm asking for it but......................... These are trail cam pics off a cam I am running in the Davy Crockett national forest. The first pic is of a deer and the second pic is what looks to me to be a cougar. It may be a fuzzy pic but even if it was clear it would be "photoshopped" Let's hear it!!!
    [ATTACH]562810[/ATTACH][ATTACH]562811[/ATTACH]
    Are you stating that these are YOUR trailcam pictures taken two days ago?

I am almost certain that I have seen these same pictures before.

Comment

Maybe I'm asking for it but......................... These are trail cam pics off a cam I am running in the Davy Crockett national forest. The first pic is of a deer and the second pic is what looks to me to be a cougar. It may be a fuzzy pic but even if it was clear it would be "photoshopped" Let's hear it!!!
      Looks real enough to me !!!!

Comment

Jagurundi. Not likely in East Texas, but more likely than a black jaguar or black mountain lion.
        Last edited by Lovec; 10-21-2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

About 7 years ago, my sister and I were walking around my great uncle's pasture in Weimar. We came up on his barn that was about 60 yards from his house and 20 yards from us, when a giant black cat, with a tail as long as its body, walked along the length of it, away from us and disappeared into some brush. We were both truly scared to death and it made the hair on our necks stand up. I was carrying a .22 and was so afraid to shoot it, cause I thought it might attack if I aggravated it. Now you're thinking that it's just a barn cat and we don't know what we saw. However, my parents and my great uncle also saw what we saw. With 3 generations of family, with plenty of experience with barn cats and the outdoors, this was obviously a black panther. So, from my experience, I know that there are large wild cats in Texas as black as the night and that's what I call a black panther.
          Last edited by Tyler's Outdoor; 10-21-2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Are you stating that these are YOUR trailcam pictures taken two days ago?

I am almost certain that I have seen these same pictures before.
            Well if you want me to jump thru hoops to prove it let me know. I have about 7 pics with me in them setting up a stand 1 hour after the cougar pic. Scared me when I looked back

Comment

Up top

Comment

Are you saying that is a black panther?

Comment

Well if you want me to jump thru hoops to prove it let me know. I have about 7 pics with me in them setting up a stand 1 hour after the cougar pic. Scared me when I looked back
                  If you say it is, I believe you. I have just seen a series of pictures similar to yours that WAS photoshopped, but I'm not accusing you.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                    Are you saying that is a black panther?
                    No. Mountain lion/cougar

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      If you say it is, I believe you. I have just seen a series of pictures similar to yours that WAS photoshopped, but I'm not accusing you.
                      Well just to remove any doubtsClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382362913.761819.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	24256874

Comment

these pictures are real he came straight from the wood with the camera card and we put it in my laptop at camp and pulled them up.

Comment

I remember an article several years ago in a hunting mag about several young male cougars being release by the G&F around Custer State Park in South Dakota. One of these cats was ran over by a train in Ok. Toms, especially young ones, travel a lot seeking a place where they are safe from older males. Why not East Texas ?

As for the black ones, I think they would be about as rare as other melanos, but I have seen two black deer, numerous black squirrels, and several black coyotes, one of which is full body mounted in my living room. I have also seen two albino deer, a couple albino squirrels, and an albino mockingbird. Never say never !

Comment

Two weeks ago, I replaced the batteries and put a new card in my camera. The date and times are wrong.

This was the second picture on it (nothing in it that I can tell, but used for reference).

This was the first....

Last edited by jlinville; 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Wonder how many game cameras are set out in TX during the year? How long are these cameras normally is use? Say that comes out to roughly.... a Kazillion TC pics, and yet no one accidentally catches a pic of the black panther? If they are out there someone would have a pic.
                              How bout this, offer a bounty for a pic of a "black panther" in Texas.
                              Yes, I see the funny pics already being ready.... But seriously, NO PICS? EVER?
                              Biologists, game wardens, etc.... claim no such thing as blackpanther, but yet.... Well you see where this is going.

Comment

Nevermind. after zooming in, I see the cougar. Cool.
                                Last edited by Burnadell; 10-21-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X