No announcement yet.

East Texas Mountain Lion or Black Panther Sightings/ Killings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a difference between being a liar and being mistaken.

Comment

This morning I passed Bigfoot walking a black panther, with an ivory billed woodpecker sittin on his shoulder. Just sayin!

Comment

This just caught my attention. Having personally seen a black Cougar in Waller County I beg to differ with all the nay Sayers. I was coming out of a pasture and had just shod 6 horses. The ranch owner and I got up on the dirt road and that rascal jumped the fence and slinked across the road, stopped on the opposite side of the road for a second and jumped the other side. I was scrambling for my mini 14 but didn't have a chance. This was late in the evening but it was no doubt very dark appearing to be black. We were both dumbfounded because of all the stories you hear. They do exist but are obviously rare.

Comment

In my latest NRA American Hunter Magazine there is a trail camera picture captured in Arizona of a Jaguar.

Comment

Comment

no jags in Tx

Comment

Hell, if big foot can live in East Texas why can't a black panther

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                  Hell, if big foot can live in East Texas why can't a black panther

Because big-foots eat black panthers... everyone knows that. The Squatch doesn't want the competition, so he eats them.

Comment

Broaddus Tx a few weeks ago...

Comment

Mt. Lion, Mt. Cat, Puma, Panther, Cougar or Catamount is all the same animal. It's scientific name is Felis Con Colour. This animal does NOT carry the Melanistic Gene, therefore it cannot be black.

What people are most likely seeing when seeing a "black panther", is a Jaguarundi. While these critters are smaller than a Mt. Lion they are typically the culprit. They can be several dark shades and even coal black.

Comment

Originally posted by PROUDREDNECK View Post
                        I just can understand why it`s so hard for some people to admit that these black panthers do exist.

If we can find and see one at a zoo why is so hard to understand that one could be roaming free???

Could you provide information regarding the zoo that has a black panther? I've seen black jaguars at a zoo but I haven't seen a black panther.

thx

Comment

Im very skeptical about big cats in north tx. If they were here there would be a confirmed pic, a carcass(from hunter, poacher, or roadkill), or some sort of evidence. With all these folks seeing them, no one EVER gets a shot at one? Really?!?
                          If they were here they would learn real quick to hunt deer feeders, which also means game cams. Im not buying it. Theres too many people and not enough wild country in this part of the world.

Comment

Maybe I'm asking for it but......................... These are trail cam pics off a cam I am running in the Davy Crockett national forest. The first pic is of a deer and the second pic is what looks to me to be a cougar. It may be a fuzzy pic but even if it was clear it would be "photoshopped" Let's hear it!!!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382325653.032823.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	24256806Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382325661.198898.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	24256807

Comment

Originally posted by NETX.Bowhunter View Post
                              Could you provide information regarding the zoo that has a black panther? I've seen black jaguars at a zoo but I haven't seen a black panther.

thx
                              A jaguar is a panther.

Comment

Originally posted by CPR09 View Post
                                A jaguar is a panther.
                                I've always heard panther in N America is another name for mountain lion. Same as puma and cougar. In S America jaguar and panther may be interchangeable, I dunno...
                                Last edited by Pilgrim; 10-20-2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X