• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
      Better pic.
      We're those found together? Odd balls. Maybe Shumula but probably odd eared Marshall.
      Last edited by GarGuy; 06-28-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
        Better pic.
        I don't know what that is, but it's really cool. The indians around our ranch weren't even close to that talented.

Comment

What significance did having one of the rear points being shorter than the opposite serve?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            What significance did having one of the rear points being shorter than the opposite serve?
            They were not made that way. Likely hafted on a bone handle and that side got used the most thus resharpened more.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              We're those found together? Odd balls. Maybe Shumula but probably odd eared Marshall.
              They weren’t found at the same time but were found in the same area.

Comment

New to arrowhead collecting I found my first one a few days in Gaines county any ideas what this one is called or age of it maybe ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

New to arrowhead collecting I found my first one a few days in Gaines county any ideas what this one is called or age of it maybe ?

It has been resharpened so many times that it is hard to guess what it was. The base indicates that it is probably early archaic but still a bit of a guess. 7000yrs old give or take.

Comment

It has been resharpened so many times that it is hard to guess what it was. The base indicates that it is probably early archaic but still a bit of a guess. 7000yrs old give or take.

Interesting I was wondering why the front was so wide sharpening makes sense thank you

Comment

Are these artifacts or just rocks? If artifacts….anyone have any guesses on details of them? Found in Kinney county.

Last edited by Rounder; 07-04-2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                        Are these artifacts or just rocks? If artifacts….anyone have any guesses on details of them? Found in Kinney county.

Artifact. Tortugas. 3000 yrs old

Comment

Artifact. Tortugas. 3000 yrs old
                          Cool deal......thank you for the info.

Comment

Found these today in Morris County northeast texas. Can someone tell me what they are please.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Anyone

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                                Anyone
                                Both of those are a little hard to type from just one pic. I would need them inhand to be really confident. I suspect both fall in a poorly defined group called Early Stemmed. Roughly 8,000 yrs old.

All ES points have edge dulling/grinding on the stem edges. If those are not ground they would fall into a couple of late archaic types like Yarborough.

Comment

Working...
                                X