Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    I dont know if I posted these 2 before or not, both found in dimmit county
    Both are nice! The Triangle may be an Early Triangle. It has a nice beveled edge. The little archery point us a perfiz in fine condition. Keep it in a frame or wrapped good. It's worth several hundred bucks with all the little ears and tips intact. Ding one off and it's just another damaged birdie.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
      Here are my little handful. I found these when I lived in West Texas.
      Anyone know what these are. One fits my hand perfect as if I were to use it as a cutter

Comment

Anyone know what these are. One fits my hand perfect as if I were to use it as a cutter

That's probably what it was used for.

I don't know all the correct names. But they do all look like useful tools.

Two of those pieces look interesting. I bet Garguy could identify that small black and white one under the big preform.
        And the larger gray one second from the bottom on the left looks to be whole.

Comment

Last edited by GarGuy; 03-09-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

The bigger item up top is a piece that just wouldn't flake. The bigger item bottom right is a hand held tool. The curved item between is just a flake. The two small stemmed points are archery age, probably were scallorn.

The very small point up top was a quite rare paleo point called Cypress. Tip is gone .

The rounded based item bottom left may be Zella angostura.
            Last edited by GarGuy; 03-09-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by p_dot View Post
              Any idea on this one? Found near weatherford.

[ATTACH]1082604[/ATTACH]
              Still hoping for better pics of this killer artifact.

Comment

I'm about to pull my hair out trying to post a picture. I found a pretty nice stone axe and I'd love to get GarGuy's thoughts about it.

Comment

Pulling my hair out becouse its been 40 years and i havent even found 1 point yet!

Comment

Get an invite to Webb, LaSalle, McMullen, Duval counties.

They are practically everywhere. Well, not quite, but there are tons down that way.

Comment

ID

Can I get an ID? I was thinking the white one was a perd. but the more I look at it, I’m not sure and the black a Travis.
                      From Texas hill country.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like a Perd with a broke base. Can I have a pic of the base?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          It looks like a Perd with a broke base. Can I have a pic of the base?
                          Does have a nick on one ear of the base.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                            Can I get an ID? I was thinking the white one was a perd. but the more I look at it, I’m not sure and the black a Travis.
                            From Texas hill country.
                            Top one probably a Nolan. Bottom may be a pedernales but the flare on the base is atypical. I'm gonna guess it is a martindale that got dinged on the base and reworked .

Comment

Found these in Karnes County within 20 yards of each other

Comment

Backyard in New Braunfels

Comment

Working...
                                X