No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a few broken pieces I found this weekend on the Frio just outside of Concan.

Comment

Really cool stuff here! Thanks for sharing!

Ill have to get some pics of some that are framed @ my in-law's in Kerrville.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        I found this after a morning hunt this season up on to of my hill under an big old cedar tree while looking for game signs. There is a ton of flint in my area, lots and lots down at the bottom of my draw. It could totally just be a shard like all the other but it certainly has shape to it. Let me know if you guys think it could be something that was worked. Edwards county outside of Rocksprings
        No doubt it was worked. Once the mud inclusion was exposed it was probably discarded as a preform for a point and used for something else. Maybe a scrapper or knife. I know that when I find those big inclusions in a piece I am working I usually stop working on it since it will eventually break right there once I start pressure flaking.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          No doubt it was worked. Once the mud inclusion was exposed it was probably discarded as a preform for a point and used for something else. Maybe a scrapper or knife. I know that when I find those big inclusions in a piece I am working I usually stop working on it since it will eventually break right there once I start pressure flaking.
          That's awesome! Thanks for the feedback muzzlebrake

Comment

Recently found this beautiful drill! It's 3 3/4in long and we believe it to be an Angostura drill.. any arguments?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

No arguments if the base is ground smooth on the edges, nice find.

Comment

I am sitting here at my desk waiting for this 10 hour shift to end. I can't wait because we are headed to Freer, Texas for a screen dig. This is going to be a looooooong day. The rancher is pushing brush off of where this camp was located so the front end loader can get in the dirt under it. He found two brokes while looking down from the maintainer. I have always done well surface hunting these camps and the hillsides below. They have never done a screen dig before. This could get fab-nasty by Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                    I am sitting here at my desk waiting for this 10 hour shift to end. I can't wait because we are headed to Freer, Texas for a screen dig. This is going to be a looooooong day. The rancher is pushing brush off of where this camp was located so the front end loader can get in the dirt under it. He found two brokes while looking down from the maintainer. I have always done well surface hunting these camps and the hillsides below. They have never done a screen dig before. This could get fab-nasty by Sunday!
                    Let us know how it turns out. We have done a ton of surface hunting over the years in Webb county and I've always been curious how a screen dig would work there.

Comment

FReer

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                      Let us know how it turns out. We have done a ton of surface hunting over the years in Webb county and I've always been curious how a screen dig would work there.
                      Definitely! WE have 8 diggers going, 2 people per table, a maintainer pushing brush and I will be running a front end loader. What is normally found down there are Perdiz, Tortuga and Matamoros points. We find flakes out the arse. I went and did a two hour surface assessment in November. We found a tremendous amount of artifacts. Our best two pieces were an adz scraper and a Matamoros point.

Notice how far I had made it from the truck when I found the Adz.

We got a twofer In Situ on camera

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

I am on a mission to find a point in Harris County. I thought this was the one, but to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by salth2o; 03-09-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Are these worked pieces? Found while walking around the lease.

Comment

[QUOTE=mev002;12268298]Are these worked pieces? Found while walking around the lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Most certainly worked. Keep looking in the same area and you will find a point....

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                              Are these worked pieces? Found while walking around the lease.

100% worked your close to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernCamo View Post
                                100% worked your close to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have found other pieces before on a different part of the ranch. This is the best piece I have found so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X