No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwards county surface find, can y'all help ID it please?

Comment

TTT for an ID on the above post.

Also, is this a bone tool? Found where a creek dumps into a river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
        Surface find today in Delta County. Preform or a reworked piece?

Looks almost like a corner tang. I found a broken corner tang base on my deer lease 2 years ago. Not sure what else the name is or how old.

Comment

I thought this was a Perdiz but my brothers didn't think so. Any ideas????
          It obviously had little ears that broke off the base but the pics may not show it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            It obviously had little ears that broke off the base but the pics may not show it well.

Definitely has the look, but since it has an expanded base id rule Perdiz out... what county?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Id Call it a Sabinal... classic style

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                Definitely has the look, but since it has an expanded base id rule Perdiz out... what county?

And that's what I thought. So this is really throwing me for a loop. It was Medina County

Comment

And that's what I thought. So this is really throwing me for a loop. It was Medina County

Ya, being youre in that area id lean towards a Sabinal... here are a few examples

Last edited by ..Ambush..; 01-17-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                    Ya, being youre in that area id lean towards a Sabinal... here are a few examples

Yes! That's got to be it. Thank you!

Comment

Biggs I agree with you. It sure looks the same as the Perdiz in my Field Guide book.

On edit I can see the case for it being a Sabinal, although the distribution area looks to be a little further south than Medina County. Not real far south, but a little. Perdiz is found all over the state apparently.
                      Last edited by quarterback; 01-17-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Edwards county surface find, can y'all help ID it please?

General my first guess is a Marshall. Second guess is Pedernales. I found a couple others that loosely fit as well (Uvalde, Edgewood, even Early Stemmed). It appears to be worn down and probably re-worked.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          General my first guess is a Marshall. Second guess is Pedernales. I found a couple others that loosely fit as well (Uvalde, Edgewood, even Early Stemmed). It appears to be worn down and probably re-worked.
                          Thank you, I was leaning towards Marshall. However I have found the ears/base of several Pedernales points in this same location; haven't found a whole one yet but haven't gone sub surface either

Comment

I found this after a morning hunt this season up on to of my hill under an big old cedar tree while looking for game signs. There is a ton of flint in my area, lots and lots down at the bottom of my draw. It could totally just be a shard like all the other but it certainly has shape to it. Let me know if you guys think it could be something that was worked. Edwards county outside of Rocksprings

Comment

Found this past week just north of Bracketville. Any ideas?
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking Langtry.

Comment

Working...
                                X