Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24382577

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432519136.576417.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	24382578

Found these in Wilson county this morning. Any help id'ing them?

Comment

I found this in southeastern Menard co. Any help would be appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

Up

Comment

what a cool thread...

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
                [ATTACH]715457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]715458[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]715459[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]715461[/ATTACH]

Found these in Wilson county this morning. Any help id'ing them?
                That looks like it could be old!! Flute at the bottom looks like. Very nice find!

Comment

dang... some nice stuff here.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper87 View Post
                    That looks like it could be old!! Flute at the bottom looks like. Very nice find!
                    Yessir it's got a flute but only on one side. 4 7/16" long and about an inch wide

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
                      Yessir it's got a flute but only on one side. 4 7/16" long and about an inch wide
                      It sure is an interesting piece. Well fluted on one side and overshots on the other. Im tempted to just go ahead and call Clovis on that one but the diagonal strikes bug me. never seen that on clovis although it sure might have happened. On type from your area that DOES typically have that striking is Saint Marys Hall. Super rare in its own right but usually much finer work.

Ill say this, Its old and rare. It would be interesting to see what Dr hester or Dwain rogers had to say about it.

Comment

Wonder if that long Clovis has been thru any bison rib cages? If they could just talk to us.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                          Wonder if that long Clovis has been thru any bison rib cages? If they could just talk to us.
                          Or Mastadon ribs. Those bigger Clovis were elephant killers.

Comment

Garguy did ya have a chance to look at those pics of those artifacts. Still think It's a craw stone from a dinosaur?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              It sure is an interesting piece. Well fluted on one side and overshots on the other. Im tempted to just go ahead and call Clovis on that one but the diagonal strikes bug me. never seen that on clovis although it sure might have happened. On type from your area that DOES typically have that striking is Saint Marys Hall. Super rare in its own right but usually much finer work.

Ill say this, Its old and rare. It would be interesting to see what Dr hester or Dwain rogers had to say about it.
                              The St Mary's hall sure looks like it. I'm going to have it looked at, sooner than later and will let you know what it's said to be

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
                                Garguy did ya have a chance to look at those pics of those artifacts. Still think It's a craw stone from a dinosaur?
                                I sure thought i answered you on that but i dont see where i did so..... I actually think it was a really abrasive material that was highly used to dress leather resulting in the wear we see. It still COULD hacve been a gastrolith but generally, they picked up smoother stones to start with. Natives often brought gastroliths into camp though.

Comment

Working...
                                X