No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome to see the kiddos involved. Was this at chrisners?

Comment

Yes it was at chrisners

Comment

My son found this one today on the creek bank near our house.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhill313 View Post
          6 to 8 inches long.

That dovetail is a nice piece of art. Its not authentic but it is pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post

Found this piece this morning in Young County. Looks like part of a metate. Anybody able to confirm this?
            How rare is one of these things? I found a really large stone (too big to lift) with a well-ground bowl and the grinding stone sitting in the bowl. I don't have any pics with me.
            Last edited by AZ&F'sDaddy; 03-26-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
              How rare is one of these things? I found a really large stone (too big to lift) with a well-ground bowl and the grinding stone sitting in the bowl. I don't have any pics with me.
              They are not terribly rare but they ARE terribly interesting. Really large ones are pretty sought after though. Two ft and larger may be worth 500 plus dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                They are not terribly rare but they ARE terribly interesting. Really large ones are pretty sought after though. Two ft and larger may be worth 500 plus dollars.
                Wow! Have no interest in selling it, but still interesting. The stone is probably three feet long. The grinding stone is about 1.5 x the size of a softball.

Comment

Wow! Have no interest in selling it, but still interesting. The stone is probably three feet long. The grinding stone is about 1.5 x the size of a softball.
                  I have a couple like that. you need to bring it home.

Comment

Please at least take some pictures and post them up. If you found the bowl with the mano still in it that would be pretty rare. I understand that the indians used to bury their metates and manos when they broke camp. I guess they were heavy to transport and they would be there when they returned to that camp later on.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      Please at least take some pictures and post them up. If you found the bowl with the mano still in it that would be pretty rare. I understand that the indians used to bury their metates and manos when they broke camp. I guess they were heavy to transport and they would be there when they returned to that camp later on.
                      Going there this weekend. I'll get pictures.

Comment

I found this tonight. I'm still green at identifying them so I try to look them up. Is this a Marcos point from the Late to Transitional Archaic?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Found near the North Llano River

This rock is very big, and mostly buried.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Help!

Surface find in Denton County
                              Attached Files

Comment

Do these look like anything guys? Found in Cleburne
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X