No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need better pics but it is something old and resharpened many times. You can see a ground base on it so its pretty old.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Need better pics but it is something old and resharpened many times. You can see a ground base on it so its pretty old.

I will get some other pics. He just sent me this one from the field.

Comment

A few more pics.

Comment

Recent Cotulla surfice finds.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think I would call the one on the right a gower. Fairly common point down south

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
              I think I would call the one on the right a gower. Fairly common point down south
              i'll take your word on it!!! They do seem to be common as i find one just like it about every trip down there. I find all of them in about the same general area. An area that I've walked through many times. They seem to appear out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                i'll take your word on it!!! They do seem to be common as i find one just like it about every trip down there. I find all of them in about the same general area. An area that I've walked through many times. They seem to appear out of nowhere.
                its like they just grow back when you find a good spot.

Comment

In the last year I have looked for points more than I care to admit with little success but last weekend I was Turkey hunting in Hamilton County and struck gold...would appreciate any insight

Comment

I can help a little although they are pretty broken up. You must have been in an area where the soil was seriously eroded as that is a mix of about 8,000 years. The white point up top is likely an early Archaic type while the top left side notched point appears to be a the arrow point less than 1000 years old. The rest are a mix of Archaic/woodland points.

Cool stuff.

Comment

Thank you for that, definitely all surface funds, oddly the white one had no cover and it was fine. Can't wait to go back.

Comment

Can anyone enlighten me on these.....Found in western Lampasas co.

Comment

Originally posted by T/Chmr View Post
                          i'd pass out if i stumbled upon specimens like this. hopefully they'd still be there when i woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by T/Chmr View Post
                            Can I come dig with you please sir!!

The ones on the right of the pen are a corner tang and looks to be a Covington knife. Really pretty pieces. I'm not too familiar with the ones on the left but killer for sure! Thanks for the look.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                              i'd pass out if i stumbled upon specimens like this. hopefully they'd still be there when i woke up.
                              I'm still sniffing the ammonia capsules myself!

Comment

I think I would trade my entire collection for those 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X