Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Copper87 View Post
            Found east of midland

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Need to see some cleaned up pics of both sides. From that pic I would agree with Angostura. Could be older but I need to see the other end.
                Yep, looks like an Angostura, but they have ground bases, to check run your fingers along the sides of the base, the edges, if they are smoother than the upper edges, it's probably an Angostura, the reason the Indians did that is so the binding for attaching the head to the fore shaft wasn't sharp enough to cut their bindings.
                Nice find whatever it is and thanks for posting the "in situ" picture, that's with the point in position before you picked it up.
                Nicely done !

Comment

Yep, Probably Ango although the base isn't classic. Very nice.

Comment

A friend sent me these. I think they're both from Atascosa Co.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by leasecommander View Post
                      Yep, looks like an Angostura, but they have ground bases, to check run your fingers along the sides of the base, the edges, if they are smoother than the upper edges, it's probably an Angostura, the reason the Indians did that is so the binding for attaching the head to the fore shaft wasn't sharp enough to cut their bindings.
                      Nice find whatever it is and thanks for posting the "in situ" picture, that's with the point in position before you picked it up.
                      Nicely done !
                      Yes the base is ground smooth, I always try and take pics before I touch them

Comment

Correction on the above post. Both are from the Comfort area.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

found a few this weekend in Cotulla.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Two Webb county heads from last year.

[ATTACH]570255.[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]570256.[/ATTACH]
                              Attached Files

Comment

Anything on this one? I have a few that have stumped me. More to come
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X