Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowhead

Surface finds from Atascosa county today. The one in the second pic has what looks like a flute on one side but I can’t tell. Info please!!
    Attached Files

Comment

It's not Clovis. Likely the bottom of an Early Stemmed Lancolate but could be Dalton related. At any rate, it's early archaic/transitional paleo. Old site for sure

Comment

I think your spot on once I looked up dalton thanks for the info, what are your thoughts on the small bird point? I couldn’t find anything like it online. You can see completely through it when held up to light!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron_Buck View Post
          I think your spot on once I looked up dalton thanks for the info, what are your thoughts on the small bird point? I couldn’t find anything like it online. You can see completely through it when held up to light!
          It's pretty dinged up. May be a perdiz. The side notches hint at a Toyah connection. Just can say for sure.

Comment

Awesome, these came from a hill on a family place in atascosa county my dad said he pulled about 100 points off of this same hill back in the day he has in his collection. Campsite maybe?

Comment

The bird point has what appears to be a broken stem as well of that helps

Comment

Yes, it's a lodge site. Probably thousands of lodges have been on that hill. The items you have found range over 9,000 years.

Comment

Man that’s cool! I’m gonna get some pics of my dads collection I don’t believe he’s ever had any of the points looked at.

Comment

P lease put in a quarter for scale

Comment

Some of Dads collection

Here’s some pics of my dads collection some are still lost in storage. See anything interesting garguy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another

He said he was told this was oldest in the collection. He said petrified palm wood
                        Attached Files

Comment

The last preform is palmwood but I can't determine age. Mist of what you posted is middle archaic. I do see some fragments of early archaic and possibly paleo items.

Wide range from 9000 bp till post contact. Nothing in the of much value but I love all of them.

Comment

Not worried about the value he said I can have them since they were just in storage and I will never sell anyways. Most are from the same hill. Yes sir to me any artifact is cool even if it’s broke

Comment

Originally posted by Iron_Buck View Post
                              Surface finds from Atascosa county today. The one in the second pic has what looks like a flute on one side but I can’t tell. Info please!!
                              The top pic is a perdiz and probably a busted up scallorn (I have found several serrated one in Atascosa]l. It does have some resemblance to toyah but Atascosa is probably outta range... as for the early one I would say Golondrina. They are pretty prevalent in that area.

I am going to guess you are pretty close to the Borrego???
                              Last edited by Reelthreat; 09-07-2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

although not a arrowhead its kinda cool. Appears to be a carnivore tooth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cornivore.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24692141

Comment

Working...
                                X