Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East Texas bowhunter Class, Information...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas bowhunter Class, Information...

OK, this is an update from my earlier posting. The class is to be offered at Martin Creek lake State Park, near Longview sometime in February. The exact date is still not set, but I will pass it along soon.

The class is a certification class, allowing you to hunt in states that require bowhunting certification. There are also a few areas in Texas (such as WMA lands) that require certification (see below).

Cost $15 for a day and a half class

Here is a description:

The Bowhunter Ed class is done over a two day period. About eight hours on the first day in the classroom. The second day is about 4 hours and is done in the field with range estimation, treestand safety, and blood trailing. The outdoor segment would require a place where we could shoot bows, layout a simulated blood trail and have a few trees to demonstrate treestand safety. Topics of the course include bowhunter safety, responsibility, equipment, preparation, conservation, shot placement, game animal recovery and more. Students that successfully complete the course receive a certification card from TPWD. The certification is good for life and accepted by other states and foreign countries. 16 states or Canadian provinces have some level of requirement for Bowhunter Ed in order to bowhunt. Texas isn’t one of them although Hagerman NWR near Sherman, TX does require the course.

If you are interested in the class, please send me an e-mail with numbers of people that may be interested. My e-mail address is listed in my profile.

Todd

pm'ed you

Comment

email sent

Comment

Thanks guys. Keep em coming...

Todd

Comment

anyone know if you need one for oklahoma??

Comment

Working...
          X