Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chow time

Comment

Last edited by Texun1; 01-16-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        DANG, That moonshine still doesn't even look like a still!?!?!?!?

The pic of you holding ancient iron in the treeline.

Seriously....I can't make out what it was? Is it a truck frame or something else?
        It was a rusty truck found in the woods of Kerrville along the Guadalupe

I am sitting where the driver's seat should be, and I'm holding the wheel and stick

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            It was a rusty truck found in the woods of Kerrville along the Guadalupe

I am sitting where the driver's seat should be, and I'm holding the wheel and stick
            That's what I thought it was. Can you imagine the stories it could tell? Some flood, during years gone by and who knows...maybe the driver was swept away trying to navigate the river during it's flood stage....which gobbled this truck up in the process?

I've come across canoes snapped in half...so ancient, trees are growing through the hole in the hull. Spotted old pieces of tin and metal 30ft above the river bottom, in the tops of ancient cypress trees. These scraps of metal are ancient from years gone by as well as a few car bodies such as you found there, all remnants of some old flood event, many of them reaching record river fill capacities. It's kind of freaky to stand in the river along a shallow section and spot debris 30 ft up or more in the tree tops.

Every now and then I'll stumble across the rock formation of some old founding fathers river side get away of sorts. Some of them are ancient concrete pours with local river rocks stuck in areas where some family from years gone by spent their afternoons swimming and enjoying the Guadalupe. It's a great river to float and explore....keeping a sharp eye along the banks and edges for signs of years gone by!

Comment

I was deep in the woods in Arkansas and came across an old barn of sorts. There was a square cement tank off to one side and I went over to check it out. On the top edge of tank were kids hand-prints, names and the date 1941. That discovery made the entire location different in my minds eye. I could not help but to see the kids just waiting to get the chance to add their touch to the job. Also made me think about what life would have been like at that location in 1941.

Comment

North Fork Guadalupe - 1983 Crossfire Z/28

For those days where there is nothing else better to do but cruise the hills and unwind, this is it.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 01-17-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390070329168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	24280309
                    Lakeway,Tx.

Comment

Oh yeah - SHAKA!

Comment

Bathtub of shed antlers

Dang it, first pic on a page and it has to be sideways..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390148352337.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24280520
                          Great day at the shooting range

Comment

Comment

My brother walking up in his buck this past season
                              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X