Picture a Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Filled the Brute on PINS - Bluefish, Redfish and Florida Pompano.

Comment

The biggest Pompano went 20" - scored 14. EXCELLENT Eating - best in the Surf!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
          Filled the Brute on PINS - Bluefish, Redfish and Florida Pompano.

Take me fishing pls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bluefish hot off the smoker. Seasoned along with a bit of olive oil and smoked with Apple. Serve as an appetizer on Balsamic Vinegar & Basil wheat crackers.

Comment

Smoked Pompano - sweet and buttery.

Drizzle Olive Oil, slit and rub oil with seasoning. Smoke with apple at 180 for 30 minutes then kick heat up to 220 for an hour.

The olive oil becomes a sweet and smokey mixed with the juices of the Pompano.

Moist and buttery - top 3 fish of the world for edibility.

Comment

Chirohuntr - we used to have TBH group gatherings on PINS - back around 2003 to 2007. Maybe we need to put one together? The only problem with penciling in a date to gather - PINS doesn't do well with fixed dates.

To fish PINS successfully - conditions dictate success or failure. So weather & surf water temp watching are key, especially early winter conditions. Hard to pencil conditions planning in advance.

Comment

That’s a sweet shot!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Chirohuntr - we used to have TBH group gatherings on PINS - back around 2003 to 2007. Maybe we need to put one together? The only problem with penciling in a date to gather - PINS doesn't do well with fixed dates.

To fish PINS successfully - conditions dictate success or failure. So weather & surf water temp watching are key, especially early winter conditions. Hard to pencil conditions planning in advance.

You got a bout there. We should definitely get together and all go If we can get the gang together that is!

Comment

Smoked Pompano - sweet and buttery.

Drizzle Olive Oil, slit and rub oil with seasoning. Smoke with apple at 180 for 30 minutes then kick heat up to 220 for an hour.

The olive oil becomes a sweet and smokey mixed with the juices of the Pompano.

Moist and buttery - top 3 fish of the world for edibility.

Saved looks great! I’m going to tweak it a bit for some Asian zing!

Comment

Thanks SierraCharlie338

Comment

Pompano and Whiting filets are prime for Sushi and Sashimi recipes.....just saying! I'm mixing cooked with raw and both are perfect candidate species for any "raw fish" variations one would ever require. Especially knowing that any one of the two species could secure 7 to 15 dollars per serving, in quantities, around 10 or so ounces per setup.

I typically eat a large percentage of my catch, Asian style, and with this stated, it beats any cost per pound served with the cost factor. Taking in all aspects of hunt, process to serve, work involved with cleaning an deboning to the table, it's excellent on it's return. I can stretch out my trips, pure filets without freezing filets to 4 or 5 days. And the option to make Fish Tacos, in a quick skillet of hot butter with onion, shallots and garlic - is always an option to fly healthy, south of the border.

And this Sushi\Sashimi is super healthy! With the right rice, Nori, filets and fixings.....it's prime quality Sushi and variants of preparation - ala Asian style.

Enjoying the options, cost savings and excitement of hunting quality protein along the Texas coast, with economic value realized, without any one to dictate what I can fill my cooler with.

Kicking butt, eating healthy and having a BLAST doing it......darn good times!

Living the DREAM!
                          Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-05-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Kansas bird hunt

Comment

Lucky to be able to do something I love so much.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X