• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is awesome!!!!

Comment

Nice mount Tmag

Comment

When do you guys start hand corning? (is corning a word? lol)

I leave my feeders going year round but thought about starting to hand corn here pretty soon. At my lease last year the deer stopped hitting the feeders right after bow season started and did not see another deer at the feeder during daylight. They hit the hand corn pretty good though.

Comment

That's a gorgeous mount!

Comment

I start hand corning the first of September. I know that's later than some, but I don't want the pigs to find it too early.
            I'm headed up in the morning to do some work. I'm way behind.

Comment

I've never done much hand-corning. I dont' see how it could be very effective unless you do it pretty often... Every 1-3 days.
              I can see it being a good idea to get some corn on the ground that isn't under a traditional feeder.
              I thought of putting one of these 5-gallon bucket feeders I use way way way high up in the air where maybe the big mature bucks want notice as easily.

Comment

even using a road feeder behind my ranger seems to have better results than my feeder

Comment

Originally posted by JustYakin View Post
                  even using a road feeder behind my ranger seems to have better results than my feeder
                  Where in Hardin County do you hunt if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

Deer

What a deer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    Ya'll remember this little buck I posted last year?

[ATTACH]640359[/ATTACH]

The hunter said he was killed in the south Tarkington Prairie, north Kenefick area but we all know there ain't no deer in East Texas!

He came home yesterday!

[ATTACH]640360[/ATTACH]

Comment

X2 I hunt right off 787 between Rye and Saratoga

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                        X2 I hunt right off 787 between Rye and Saratoga
                        Me too

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                          I've never done much hand-corning. I dont' see how it could be very effective unless you do it pretty often... Every 1-3 days.
                          I can see it being a good idea to get some corn on the ground that isn't under a traditional feeder.
                          I thought of putting one of these 5-gallon bucket feeders I use way way way high up in the air where maybe the big mature bucks want notice as easily.
                          I works . I didn't think it would but I started seeing a lot more deer . Even the does will eat the hand corn before goin to the feeder

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                            I works . I didn't think it would but I started seeing a lot more deer . Even the does will eat the hand corn before goin to the feeder
                            How often do you hand-corn ???

Comment

I hunted a pipeline for a number of years that was adjacent to the main road into camp. I had a feeder at the edge of the woods nearest the pipeline and would frequently hand corn that main road. I can't tell you how many deer I would see deer come out of the woods, walk straight past that feeder and eat the corn that I'd poured on the road. Now the corn at the feeder and the corn on the road couldn't have been more than 40 ft. apart but those deer would NOT come to the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                                How often do you hand-corn ???
                                I throw it before i get in the stand and any time i fill the feeders. If i hunt a new spot i throw some out around before i get in the stand. They can smell the corn just like anything else and will come to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X