East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Guys, one of the most valuable and overlooked plant you can have is HONEYSUCKLE! Its a year round food source. I have it on all my fencerows and fertilize it. Deer absolutely love it.
    This is true. I've thought about transplanting some to my spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
      This is true. I've thought about transplanting some to my spots.
      If you fertilize it... the deer will eat it twice as good. A grown up fence row is ideal.

Comment

Comment

This is what I harvested out of my spring food plot lol

Comment

Any good Game Cam pic's yet this year ?

July 4th, 10 years ago we got this Hoss on camera......... 1st and only time anyone ever saw him.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
              Any good Game Cam pic's yet this year ?

July 4th, 10 years ago we got this Hoss on camera......... 1st and only time anyone ever saw him.

I'm going to have to call photoshop on that one. Everybody knows it was not possible to grow big deer in East Texas prior to AR's.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                I'm going to have to call photoshop on that one. Everybody knows it was not possible to grow big deer in East Texas prior to AR's.
                LOL, No photoshop my man. We have always had decent deer. We've killed a few bigger than that since we started planting Imperial Whitetail Clover !!!!

ANNND That was July 4th !!!! He still had 2 months of growing left to do !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                  LOL, No photoshop my man. We have always had decent deer. We've killed a few bigger than that since we started planting Imperial Whitetail Clover !!!!

ANNND That was July 4th !!!! He still had 2 months of growing left to do !!!!
                  Yeah, just poking fun. That's a great deer. If I posted up some of the deer we had on camera before ARs were implemented someone would call photoshop too. All the people singing the praises of AR's don't realize that AR's just happen to align with people's management goals changing. It's a movement, not that stupid restriction. 90% of the big bucks killed now were legal as 2 year old deer but were not killed until 4 or 5 years old. Anyway, don't get me started on that stupid regulation that hinders our future hunters.

Comment

Going this weekend to the lease. My excuse is to mow around the house. The exciting part is to check cameras. I'll post up anything exciting (to me) I find on Monday.

Comment

These are a few that have been spotted in my lease. I guess there's still a couple deer left in East Texas lol

Comment

That first deer is a haus!! Did u score him?

Comment

Nice deer all I'm seeing are hogs!!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwood08 View Post
                            That first deer is a haus!! Did u score him?
                            No but he was a beast!

Comment

Pic of the Tornado yesterday near 321 and 787.

Comment

Here is my east TX mount from last year.

Gotta love Polk Co.!

Comment

Working...
                                X