No announcement yet.

East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've hunted morning and evening since Thursday and up until this morning I had not seen 1 deer. just after daylight this morning I had a doe come across the pasture I'm hunting and she had a small buck trailing her. They walked all the way across the pasture and into the woods. I was thinking it was odd that she didn't have a decent buck trailing. I looked back to the pasture and there was a BEAST already half way across at a trot. I couldn't stop him.

Comment

I had a decent hunt Friday morning. Saw 2 young 8 points, 6 point and several does. Since then I have seen 2 deer all hunts combined

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        I've hunted morning and evening since Thursday and up until this morning I had not seen 1 deer. just after daylight this morning I had a doe come across the pasture I'm hunting and she had a small buck trailing her. They walked all the way across the pasture and into the woods. I was thinking it was odd that she didn't have a decent buck trailing. I looked back to the pasture and there was a BEAST already half way across at a trot. I couldn't stop him.
        BOOM usually works in that situation.

Comment

Am I crazy? I think I just heard a buck grunting like he was trending a doe????? Kinda late for that ain't it ????

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
            BOOM usually works in that situation.
            Safety was off and I was bringing the x-hairs down on him when he hit the woods. Just 2 more seconds.....

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
              I dunno, we don't have many acorns, but always see a lot of deer. It's just been really slow. 1 buck hasn't let me down the past 3 mornings so hoping he makes it 4 so I can at least say I saw something. He needs to live 2 more years.
              Man we've got a ton. Yesterday evening I hunted a lean-to on the edge of a pasture adjacent to a large block of woods that is full of oaks. I could hear acorns falling through the trees behind me all afternoon.

Safety was off and I was bringing the x-hairs down on him when he hit the woods. Just 2 more seconds.....
              That SUCKS. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Another good Hardin Co buck.
                Guy on my lease shot him Friday night. GW scored him at 140 7/8. 16in wide#150.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Man we've got a ton. Yesterday evening I hunted a lean-to on the edge of a pasture adjacent to a large block of woods that is full of oaks. I could hear acorns falling through the trees behind me all afternoon.
                  It's that way behind the Inlaw's place. Saw deer while checking cows and riding my kiddo around, but they're hanging in the same spot until it starts to get dark. About every hr they get up and feed around and bed back down again.

Comment

Better luck next time. I saw my buck for the 4th day in a row, but the ones I'm looking for haven't shown up yet. They have 2 weeks before my hunting season comes to an end.

Comment

When I got out of my blind this morning I walked over to a huge oak tree that I had seen deer under before. At least half the acorns are still in the tree. I couldn't believe it. It'll be a while before the deer get hungry on my place.

Comment

I had a young 4 pt chasing a doe Saturday morning and I thought the same thing. If this doe is hot where is the mature buck? In my case he never showed.

Comment

weve still got a ton of acorns on the trees here in nac. im hoping after all this wind and rain, they fall, and sour. that way, the deer will have to find food from our feeders or plots..thats my hope at least

Comment

Anyone seeing any signs of secondary rut in northern Freestone County yet? Bucks were running does hot and heavy Gun season opening weekend. I am thinking the recent warm and windy weekend and plentiful acorns may have kept me from seeing the unbred does cranking up. It's been sloooooow!

Comment

Huntable Action has turned off at our place in Hardin County. 2 many acorns everywhere. 100% Nocturnal bucks on camera at protein feeders and food plots. Acting like high pressure deer with no pressure put on em. Very unusual for my place. I'm staying off the stands till we get some daytime pics.

Comment

I hunt in Cherokee county and movement has been very slow. The warm and windy weather last weekend kept the Deer out of sight. Seen one doe in four time out.

Comment

Working...
                                X