Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How many people can't tie a tie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I wear 1 , which is rare, somebody has to tie it...

Comment

I very seldom wore one growing up. My dad had showed me when I was 10-12, but I never learned how. About 15 years ago (i'm 39 now), I was asleep and had a dream about how to tie one. When I woke up that morning I grabbed one that was hanging in my closet and gave it a try and got it on the first try, just like in my dream. CRAZY!!!

Comment

I wear one about twice a year. The Pratt is my knot of choice but I can tie all of them. I had semi wealthy grandparents and they insisted that I learn from an early age.

Comment

Nope

I cannot tie one, never cared to learn. I own two, for special occasions. One was my great grandfathers tie (he only owned one) and the other I got in high school.

I do not trust anyone that wears a tie to work: nothing good ever comes from dealing with them. Lawyer, salesman, banker, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            Nope

I cannot tie one, never cared to learn. I own two, for special occasions. One was my great grandfathers tie (he only owned one) and the other I got in high school.

I do not trust anyone that wears a tie to work: nothing good ever comes from dealing with them. Lawyer, salesman, banker, etc.
            Good thinking! By there are some good folks that were ties.

Comment

There's an app for that!

AppAdvice is the leading online and 'onapp' resource covering all thing iOS

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                I wore one every day for 20 years...Im trying to forget how now.
                exactly, i've worn them the better part of my life . . . did pave the way for me to be sitting in my office in a pull over and flip flops.

All my employees are in suit and ties

Comment

I learned early in my AF career.

I wear a clip-on now.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I kind of envy you guys who have never had to learn. I've been putting on a tie five mornings a week since 1984. Don't even have to look in a mirror. Wearing a tie has become so uncommon, people look at me weird when I walk in a convenience store or whatever while wearing one...

It is weird that folks think ties are odd to me.
                    Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    33 years ago at Southwestern University it was mandatory to know how.
                    I knew before I got out of high school..........just common stuff for me and my brother!

Comment

Originally posted by garfish View Post
                      I can...I just choose not to.
                      This is me as well. Have known how since I was a boy. Told my wife she better not bury me in one either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                        [ATTACH]491201[/ATTACH]

Have about 30 more in the closet...I actually enjoy wearing mine most days.
                        That is good information.

Now I know where to go to get someone to tie mine for me if the occasion ever arises to wear one.

Comment

learned when I was inthe 8th grade.. cant stand them though!

Comment

I can not and cant remember the last time I wore one.

Comment

I was probably around 30-32 when I started wearing/learning how to tie a tie. I do not have to wear a tie, however I began to realize that most of the men that I respect, admire, and consider to be my mentors/roll models wear them. So I started?

Comment

I can't!

Comment

Working...
                                X