Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Ford 6.4 vs 6.7 Diesel engines? pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 6.4 vs 6.7 Diesel engines? pros and cons

I apologize for the similar thread but trying to narrow down what I need to purchase. Seems to be quite a few more 6.4 engines out there for sale than 6.7. What has your experience been with the 6.4?

I assume gas mileage is better with 6.7?

What kind of mileage are yall getting with the 6.4 or 6.7?

So you know I am looking at 2010 models or newer.

Thanks as always

We'll I know guys a that have had both and the 6.7 is leaps and bounds better than the 6.4. If u have the money just buy a 6.7 and Don't waste ur money and time on the 6.4.
    There not any more reliable than a 6.0.

That 6.7 is bad ***!

Comment

nuff said. Thanks.

Comment

6.7 over the 6.4 hands down

Comment

Comment

I got a 6.7 i bought new in 2011. It has been a great truck so far. My 5.9 cummins lasted me almost 9 years but this thing is a beast compared to the cummins. I have around 60 K on mine and the only thing ive done to it other than oil and filter changes was my radiator cracked and warrenty put a new one in there. Im glad that happened under warranty. Not sure what caused it but had a drip in the driveway and took it in.

Comment

The 6.7 is a beast compared to the cummins 5.9 I had.

Comment

Goes with 6.7 the 6.4 has lots of power fast quite but so is the 6.7 but with better fuel mileage a guy I work with had a 08 6.4 and is notrmal everyday driving he averaged 9 to 10 mpg

Comment

More power, quieter, better MPG

Im getting an average 17-18
                  With 19-22 highway and 10-14 with Heavy towing

Comment

Got my truck in the shop now it's a 6.0. Mechanic told me 6.0 and the 6.4 are basically the same motor. Run great but not the power and milage a 6.7 gets. Majority of the trucks brought in for repair are 6.0 and 6.4. And this is a dealership mechanic. As soon as I get my truck running it's going to be traded in for a Chevy. Tired of pouring money in to Fords.

Comment

I have an 08 6.4 with about 125k miles. Knock on wood, never had a problem. I don't push the truck real hard. The on board computer says I get 13-14mpg.

Would like to get one of the new ones but this puppy is paid for so I am going to stick with it.

Comment

6.7 hands down! 6.0 and 6.4 are not worth owning.

Comment

I have a 6.7 and absolutely love it! Tons of power and very quick. I average about 17 mpg but I also drive with a heavy foot. I imagine I would get better if I changed my driving habits.

Comment

Originally posted by gibowhunter View Post
                            More power, quieter, better MPG

Im getting an average 17-18
                            With 19-22 highway and 10-14 with Heavy towing
                            Dang!!! That's what I'm getting with my Eco-boost! That's great for a diesel.

Comment

Have a buddy that just spent $4200 getting his 6.4 fixed. Had to replace the fuel pump and the cab has to be pulled off to get to it. Engineering at its best!

Comment

Working...
                              X