No announcement yet.

Free masons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excuse me if If this sounds bad, but what's the point? Like what do you do as a Free Mason? Is it a service organization that does community service or do you have some sort of philanthropy side or what? Honest question.

Comment

Fidelis #1127 Waco, Tx.

Comment

Past Master Albert Pike #1169 in San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          Did you not get my pm?

Reply sent

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
            excuse me if If this sounds bad, but what's the point? Like what do you do as a Free Mason? Is it a service organization that does community service or do you have some sort of philanthropy side or what? Honest question.
            According to wikipedia, it seems like a fraternity for grown ups (i don't mean that in a disrespectful way). I could be wrong, though.

Comment

Sitting around a lodge with a bunch of old guys wearing nothing but cloth nail aprons just doesn't sound like a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
                Sitting around a lodge with a bunch of old guys wearing nothing but cloth nail aprons just doesn't sound like a good time.
                Oh lord, lol.

Comment

I see yall say it makes you a better man and i know theres bad apples in every bunch but i work with a couple masons and they are the most foul mouthed racist pieces of crap I know. I deleted them off of FB due to the hatred they spewed.

Comment

Originally posted by camo_cowboy55 View Post
                    Okay y'all I Just wanna see who all on the GS is a Freemason , my grand daddy Is and I've been looking into it , it might be a touchy subject but Giving it a shot. I know there some secrecy in it as well. Is being one beneficial ?
                    I've been looking at what it takes to become one so again I'd like to here what the GS thinks.
                    Again if this is a touchy subject please let me know
                    The best decision I have ever made.....

Comment

You give back to your community and help your fellow man in a positive way.

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank91 View Post
                        You give back to your community and help your fellow man in a positive way.
                        See that's the kind of stuff I read. It's quite vague. Like what exactly do y'all do? What's the point?

Comment

See that's the kind of stuff I read. It's quite vague. Like what exactly do y'all do? What's the point?
                          Raise money for charity, clothes drive for the homeless, food drive, things like that.
                          Last edited by bfrank91; 08-24-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank91 View Post
                            Raise money for charity, clothes drive for the homeless, food drives, things like that.
                            So that's the end goal of freemasons? charity? Or something else?

I guess I feel like it sounds like a college frat, where the end goal isn't charity, but they disguise it as such. Not bashing on freemasonry, because I truly don't know, but I've never really heard about them doing much in my particular community.

Comment

So that's the end goal of freemasons? charity? Or something else?

I guess I feel like it sounds like a college frat, where the end goal isn't charity, but they disguise it as such. Not bashing on freemasonry, because I truly don't know, but I've never really heard about them doing much in my particular community.
                              The Lodge that I'm a member of we do a lot for the community to help the less fortunate. Like last week we held a back to school drive for school supplies. Around Thanksgiving we do a food drive, Christmas we do a toy drive. You really wont get a total understanding on the outside looking in. But most importantly it teaches you to be closer to God, and make you a upright man before Him, your family and your community.

Comment

Bridge City Lodge #1345

Comment

Working...
                                X