Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
    All what money?
    The funds it take to run an organization, build all the buildings and everything in them and keep them up.

Comment

Members pay dues, make donations, do fund raisers.

The Texas Masonic Retirement home requires you to donate your estate. In exchange you get a place to live and three meals until you die.

Comment

My grandpa was one. My dad was a 32nd. Noticed I said "was". My grandpa has passed now for over 20 years, and my dad no longer claims to be one. He has a class ring from Sam Houston State that had the Masonic emblem in the stone. I saw him turn that ring upside down and knock the stone out when I was a kid. I asked him why he did it and he said doing good deeds on this earth doesn't get you into Heaven. Accepting Christ as your Lord and personal savior does.
        I've also seen it used on jobs. I've seen "red" tags on plumbing inspections turn to "green" ones only because the guy was a ring bumper. So no, I'm not all that much of a fan of it, but to each his own.

Comment

I've been a Mason for close to twenty years. Never heard of any " ring bumping"

Comment

Milam #2

Comment

Originally posted by 11cBowhunter View Post
              It's beneficial if you make it beneficial... It make a good man a better man
              My BIL has been a mason for about 15 years. Those are his exact words to me when he asked me if I was interested. I was not interested but he is really active with the Masons and seems to enjoy it a lot.

Comment

He should not have asked you that...

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

My Dad, Uncle (past Master) and great uncle (Shriner) were all Masons and none ever asked if I wanted to know more. When Dad passed away I asked a Mason I met ‘why’ and he said ‘your Dad wanted to, but promised never to”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
                    I've been a Mason for close to twenty years. Never heard of any " ring bumping"
                    I'm not and have heard and seen it many times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to recruit if you never ask?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I'm not and have heard and seen it many times

No different than a college ring or member of a fraternity being given a leg up.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          No different than a college ring or member of a fraternity being given a leg up.
                          Oh, I agree and not knockin it

I know a BUNCH of masons. Ive had the paperwork mysteriously show up on my desk. Just never did it

Comment

Working...
                          X