Which Bay Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
    You dont really need a real skinny running boat on sabine. Just go with a kenner or something similar.
    Yea, I know I don't need one I just like them. I love fishing the marsh but my Southfork and Tohatsu are just fine for that. I will end up with a Kenner or the like just trying to figure out which one I want. I like the Pathfinders, Tritons, Blackjacks, Sea Fox, etc.... Just curious of some personal experiences with any of them.

You fish a lot. What boat are you running?

Comment

You can fish the whole town out of a Carolina Skiff but you will beat them to death getting there. Kenners are good boats, and so are Blue Waves. I personally would own a Pathfinder if I got the hankering again. No wood to rot and smooth and dry running. I slept on the front deck of one doing 35mph is 3' chop and never got wet. Not the shallowest running boat I have ever been in, but the smoothest no doubt.

Comment

Some of the new Blue waves are good looking boats. But that Majek Exteme is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by fowlwaters View Post
          Some of the new Blue waves are good looking boats. But that Majek Exteme is nice.
          I agree. Dream boat for me would probably be the Majek. I did briefly check out the new Blue Wave Pure Bay and it is a sweet looking boat.

Comment

Haynie.....

Comment

I don't know what your price range is but I have been kicking around the idea of selling my bay boat. Its a 2005 blazer bay 2420 with a 250 Yamaha hpdi 2 stroke 36 volt trolling motor, CD player, ship to shore radio, bobs 10" jack plate, lenco trim tabs, raw water wash down lowrance GPS depth combo. Last time I used it was last summer took it to Rayburn a few times. I love the boat but I'm building a house and hate to pay notes on it and not use it. 27,500 is what I would ask (about what I owe). A new one rigged out like it today would be around 50k plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                I don't know what your price range is but I have been kicking around the idea of selling my bay boat. Its a 2005 blazer bay 2420 with a 250 Yamaha hpdi 2 stroke 36 volt trolling motor, CD player, ship to shore radio, bobs 10" jack plate, lenco trim tabs, raw water wash down lowrance GPS depth combo. Last time I used it was last summer took it to Rayburn a few times. I love the boat but I'm building a house and hate to pay notes on it and not use it. 27,500 is what I would ask (about what I owe). A new one rigged out like it today would be around 50k plus.
                Sounds like a decent deal but I think I may look for something a little newer. I think 8 years is about as old as I would want to go with a used boat, which yours is in that range, but I just started looking. Am I wrong for thinking that? What's the oldest you would buy in a used boat?

Also, I'd like to stick with 22'. I don't think I want anything 24'.

Comment

I'd go old boston whaler hull with a late model motor. They are built like a tank and the hulls last forever. Dry ride too.

Comment

This thread is useless without pictures to drool over!!!! someone had to say it

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      El Pescador 24'
                      Can you mount a trolling motor on that?

Comment

I bought it new in 2006, I put it in the shop last year for a service and had all the fuel filters changed out and water pump replaced. I think the printout said it had 150 hours on the motor. As far as buying an older boat it would just depend on the boat in my opinion some of the older boats are hard to beat. I bought it expecting to use it a lot more than I do. Out of those 150 hours probably 50 were at Rayburn. If my dad didn't have a skeeter zx22 bay sitting beside it I would not even consider selling it. Some of the 80 model Boston whalers and makos and champion bass boats I would have no problem buying and repowering them. I think those boats were better quality before they just started mass producing them like they do now.

Comment

There is a 22ft Century forsale at tropical Marine in Marble Falls. Century makes one awesome boat!!!

Comment

I love my Kenner. My next boat will be a shallow sport. Made in Texas.

Comment

Oh it happened. Lol

Comment

I think the hull is so close to a pathfinder that pathfinder actually tried to sue them but lost do to the pathfinder patent running out.

Comment

Working...
                                X