Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
    If you read article it says "also called panthers"
    I'm not gonna waste my time reading an article about black panthers. Yes, I know mountain lions are "panthers", so are leopards, jaguars, pumas, catamounts and cougars, and probably some others I am forgetting. That's why I referred to them as one-in-the-same in my post. When someone mistakingly claims they have seen a black "panther", they are talking about a mountain lion. They aren't talking about a jaguar or else they would say "I saw a jaguar and it was black". If someone tells me they saw a black panther (mountain lion), they might as well tell me they also have these cute little furry critters for sale that multiply when they get wet, and whatever you do--don't feed them after midnight.

I always tell myself not to get involved in threads about the Easter Bunny er black panthers (oops--there I go again!), but sometimes I feel like having a little fun with those who "KNOW WHAT THEY SAW".

Comment

Start a new thread Guess, that would be a cool one.

Comment

No. But I seen a wolf today
        Attached Files

Comment

For any of you who have seen a black panther, prove it. Easy peasy!!

Now I have personally shown a pic of a blk panther in a cage with Kevin (Texastaxi) standing next to the caged beast...

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
            If you read article it says "also called panthers"
            The article said, "The black jaguar is one of three animals called "panther" – the others are the black leopard and the cougar."

That just means that some people call cougars "panthers". It doesn't mean that cougars are black. The rest of the article was about jaguars. Or am I missing something?
            Last edited by Shane; 04-29-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I feel like M-2.

Cougar

There are no authenticated cases of truly melanistic cougars (pumas). Melanistic cougars have never been photographed or shot in the wild and none has ever been bred. Unconfirmed sightings, known as the "North American black panther", are currently attributed to errors in species identification by non-experts, and by the memetic exaggeration of size. Black panthers in the American Southeast feature prominently in Choctaw folklore where, along with the owl, they are often thought to symbolize Death.

Comment

I hate being called a liar and that seems to be what happens every time this comes up. Its been almost 30yrs now but saw a black cat the size of a mountain lion just out of Llano off the river. He wasnt 100 yrds away middle in the of the day walking across an open pasture like he owned the place. We watched him walk about 400 yrds and over a hill.It was summer time and we had been swimming in the river and were coming out headed for town. My buddy asked if I had a rifle and I had a Marlin 44 behind the seat but was not comfortable shooting across the fence onto the property I did'nt know the owner. Have seen two yellow ones too just out of Freer but don't have pics of them either.

Comment

Working...
                X