Lake Fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thomason View Post
    Line up on the Floating buoys and do not stray off them, they are your highway to run up and down the lake, running outside the Floating buoys is very very bad.

^^^^ This^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post

Fish the lilly pads, caught this girl on a black skeleton torpedo right after sun up.

Just like everyone else said, watch for stumps.
      PM me where lilly pads are?? LOL bc i havent seen any in a few years with the lake so low

Comment

Split shot or Carolina rig 4" watermelon/pepper ring fry around the lilly pads in 2-6'. Don't be afraid to fish shallow on the shady side of cover along the banks.

Comment

Good luck in your tournament

Comment

Stay in the boat lanes if your doing more than an idle. lots of stumps and you cannot see many of them. Great fishing . Fish deep.

Comment

"Board tree creek", If you're looking for 14-16" fish...Zoom trick worms,and finacky hooks...I have no idea where to catch one over the slot.

Comment

I haven't been on the water since Feb! Only upside is my brushpiles outta be full!!!

Comment

After living in Quitman and fishing Fork REGULARLY, do not stray from boat lanes while moving fast ! Some of those lanes only have about 15' on each side until your in the trees!
                  I went fishing there about 3 weeks ago and they were starting to get on beds about mid-lake but they were getting a lot of pressure. If I was fishing a tourney right now, I wouldn't waste valuable time on bedding fish unless they STAYED on the bed when cast too and didn't spook off at all. They've been getting hammered hard the last few weeks and probly know exactly what's going on.
                  Up on the north ends they're probly in post spawn and either retreating out or guarding
                  babies.
                  Good luck finding grass/pads but if you do I would work it over with top waters/frogs, etc until full sun then switch to soft plastics and work them a little slower.
                  My go too bait on Fork has always been a double willow bladed white/chartreuse spinner bait and it has always produced even during a tough bite.
                  Good luck this w/e and wish I was out there competing too.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

That's my favorite lake in the whole world to fish. I've caught my two PB's there, a 10.0 lb and 8.8 lb. It can be an *** whippin though. Get the boat lanes chip if you can swing it. It's a good thing to have.

Hard to say what to do right now with the weather changing, but if it were me, I start out in the middle section of the lake, Mustang, White Oak, or Little Caney, throwing a Zara spook at day light, then move to a 6-10 Texas rigged plastic, or a short carolina rig(2' of so) in 6-10 of water, SLOW. I'd then work with s red rattle trap/crank bait in the same depth.

Last edited by Mud Shark; 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X