Dog food ALERT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
    I think Beneful is a Purina product. I feed Purina One. Any ties to this one?
    Jeff -

While Beneful is a Purina product, the differences between ONE and Beneful are night and day.

Purina ONE is on the higher end scale for dog foods, in my opinion. I used to feed my lab ONE, until just recently, I switched her over to a different food for her coat. She has REALLY dry skin, and I needed something to help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
      Id rather feed my dog his own turds than ol roy
      And I bet he'd rather eat his own turds than ol Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
        Id rather feed my dog his own turds than ol roy
        My dog's chose to eat their turds when they got ol roy

Comment

I was going to feed my dog diamond, but I read some bad things about it as well. He was being fed purina one as puppy, so I just stuck with it.

My mom has been feeding my old lab Chica Beneful for over 8 years and has not had a problem at all. She just turned 10 in Decemeber.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            My dog's chose to eat their turds when they got ol roy
            probably trying to get the taste out of their mouth!

Comment

Got this off the internet. Must be true

Easy-to-read dog food comparison chart. Find comparisons of high protein dog food, organic dog food, vegetarian dog food ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrdr82 View Post
                Jeff -

While Beneful is a Purina product, the differences between ONE and Beneful are night and day.

And while Beneful is a Purina product, both it and Purina ONE are made and distributed by Nestle Purina.....

NOT PURINA MILLS.... the Checkerboard company who makes feed for Feed Stores.

Our (a Purina Mills Feed Store) house brand is either under the name PMI Nutrition or Exclusive Pet Food...

Just an FYI as we get phone calls all of the time confusing the two companies....

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                  Saw dust has more nutritional value! Not a suprise on beneful, it's a garbage dogfood as well...
                  ^^^^ This. Beneful is cheap! look at the first ingredient. It will say yellow corn as the main ingredient. No nutrition what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Get the lawyers ready..........oops..........that was the other thread!
                    Maybe not

Comment

I fed Black Gold for several years until I put my dog with a trainer full time. He's been on Exclusive since then. I chose Beneful because I only needed enough to feed him for a few days while I was home. Just went to the feed store and bought a big ole bag of Exclusive. Not worth the risk to me.

Comment

I saw this yesterday and I have decided to switch from Purina One.
                        I chose to go with the BLUE Buffalo brand as it came very highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                          Ol Roy causes dog farts that can kill children under the age of 10.
                          Truth.

Comment

purina dog food isnt the only line of feed that they make that is a killer. i have had several friends feed their horse feed and it too has taken some. i quit feeding anything purina to any animal i have simply bc of that reason. got all my horses on total equine and dogs are on diamond also

Comment

Ol Roy is just like feeding Gravy Train. Haha. Both reminds me of cardboard.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                                Saw dust has more nutritional value! Not a suprise on beneful, it's a garbage dogfood as well...
                                So true on the Ole Roy. Have been feeding Victor for awhile now and the dogs love it. $28 for a 50lb bag switched from science diet which was more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X