Browning trail camera - reviews please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning trail camera - reviews please

Just purchased a Browning Range Ops (BTC-1) trail camera and wondered if anyone on the green screen has used these. 6mp, 50+ IR flash, less than a second trigger time. $120 at academy. Thought about stepping up to a Bushnell but that would have required more dineros. These are suppose to be fairly new to the market and the price was right for the features listed.

As always, thanks for the input.
    Last edited by ATControlFreak; 04-06-2013, 04:11 PM.

If it starts with Brown and ends with Ing it's prolly worth about half of what they are charging. Im excluding their firearms.

Comment

Not sounding good for the home team

Comment

Im jus sayin its true. I have some Browning stuff. Love the Logo. But for instance hoodies cost twice as much with the Buck Mark. I doubt browning is even making that cam, but only one way to see if its worth anything!!!

Comment

Yep, I figured I'd give it a go. 6 months from now I may be wishing I paid the extra money for a higher end camera. Only time will tell. I'm guessing that someone on here has already tried them out.

Comment

check the reviews at chasinggame.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATControlFreak View Post
              Yep, I figured I'd give it a go. 6 months from now I may be wishing I paid the extra money for a higher end camera. Only time will tell. I'm guessing that someone on here has already tried them out.
              Hopefully not. Maybe you stumbled on a deal!

Comment

Good luck and keep US posted on what you think of it.

Comment

Gonna set it out on Tuesday. I'll report back when I pull the next batch of pics.

Comment

The jury has returned a verdict!

Ragin was ABSOLUETLY correct. This camera is junk. I was terribly grainy and it had a horrible time trying to switch from night/day. The pics would jump back and forth from b&w to color and then just go all black about 30mins after sunup. I've had much cheaper cameras perform much better than what this one did. I had it out for about two weeks and pulled it off of the tree yesterday. Now it's back to Academy to upgrade to a Bushnell.

Comment

Thanks for the review. I was seriously considering getting it. http://www.trailcampro.com/browningrangeopsreview.aspxgave it glowing reviews so now I'm looking at the Covert cams.

Comment

I have 4 moultree M80xt's and they are awesome! I highly recommend them.

Comment

Primos....simple to operate and cheap.

Comment

The Browning camera is a Moultrie with a buck mark on it. They just changed the case slightly and have a different info strip on the bottom of the pics. I had considered one until I found this out and since I swore off anything Moultrie years ago it was a deal breaker for me.

Comment

FYI just found this thread.. Bought one about a month ago. night photos are grainy. day photos are great. lesson learned. I have a receipt but no box thinking about trying to get an exchange at academy... doubt I will be able to.

Comment

Working...
                              X