No announcement yet.

Makita vs Dewalt vs Milwaukee vs Ridgid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I looked here 1st. I was about to get a combo dewalt 20v. Might need to look at Makita instead. I have a ton of the old dewalt 18 v but am down to my last battery.

Comment

Just looked, can someone tell me the difference between the white and green Makitas? Will they use the same batteries and how are the sawzall and grinder. It would be hard to beat the old dewalt sawzall.

And, I'm guessing that impact driver is really just for running screws/drilling hole? That is what I do 95% of the time so the lighter the better.
      Last edited by BIG IRON; 05-04-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Any of you fellas want to get rid of your "junk" Dewalt tools and have an 18V trim saw laying around, let me know.

I love my Dewalt stuff.....cordless and corded. My oldest is a 14 year old cordless 18V drill/driver.

Last edited by Smart; 05-04-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
          Just looked, can someone tell me the difference between the white and green Makitas? Will they use the same batteries and how are the sawzall and grinder. It would be hard to beat the old dewalt sawzall.

And, I'm guessing that impact driver is really just for running screws/drilling hole? That is what I do 95% of the time so the lighter the better.
          The white models are lighter duty and geared more for homeowners with the smaller run time batteries, the green ones are the heavier duty line, and all the 18v lithium batts will work on either. My sawzall and the grinder are the cats meow, but i really love the band saw to go with the nine piece I kit I went with.

Comment

Milwaukee

Comment

I'm a Milwaukee fan!

Comment

I go thru alot of battery operated tools in my respected trade and can say i have tried them all over the years. As of now Millwaukee rides in all our trucks.Most of our trade specific tools are Rigid tho, its just their battery tools that are junk nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
                  The white models are lighter duty and geared more for homeowners with the smaller run time batteries, the green ones are the heavier duty line, and all the 18v lithium batts will work on either. My sawzall and the grinder are the cats meow, but i really love the band saw to go with the nine piece I kit I went with.
                  Thanks

Originally posted by RACK View Post
                  I go thru alot of battery operated tools in my respected trade and can say i have tried them all over the years. As of now Millwaukee rides in all our trucks.Most of our trade specific tools are Rigid tho, its just their battery tools that are junk nowadays.

I have a rigid cut off saw that would be hard to beat.

Comment

Makita

Comment

Working...
                    X