Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Makita vs Dewalt vs Milwaukee vs Ridgid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This help?
    Attached Files

Comment

I do HVAC work and ridged didnt last a week. Used to get dewalt tools free,drills had good power but batteries sucked. When I had to start buying them went with makita and they have far outlasted the others.And I use them all day, almost every day.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, ridgid has lifetime warranty, including batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
          This help?
          Apparently you have never seen a Ridgid Tool calendar. I work for Ridgid tool and it is a quality product and the batteries are good. I have a little drill in my demo fleet that I like a lot and it is a small Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
            This help?

I was given a Makita drill as a wedding gift. I was very skeptical b/c I was shooting for a Dewalt. The Makita has been very good with great battery life. No complaints here.

Comment

I have a dewalt set that I got back in 2011. Use it on everyday hard use (4 pieces, sawzaw, light, drill, and impact, as well as 2 lithium batteries) and nothing has failed me yet. I do like the Milwaukee stuff though too. You can't beat the cordless band saw.

Comment

Support your fellow TBH member...I make parts that go into the black & yellow.

Comment

Is everyone that's having bad luck with the new dewalt talking about the cheap *** 18 volt NiCd set? Ive got the 20v lithiums and they are some bad dudes. It took about a year to burn up the compact drill, not really designed to drill 5/8 and 3/4" holes in decent size steel, but other than that I've had good luck with them. Got some of the 3.0ah batteries and they will hammer all day.

I know a few people that have the white makitas and they have been good ones, don't know anyone with the new millwaukee stuff but I'm sure it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    Milwaukee
                    Yep.

Comment

I've got 2 9in, 2 5in, and 1 41/2in grinders, 2 1/2in HD drills, 1 1/2in spade handle HD drill,
                      1 I/2in impact, and 2 porta band saws. All of it Millwaukee. I wont put nothing else on my truck.

Comment

I would stay away from Rigid. I got one of their drills as a wedding gift a few years back. The charger lasted less than year before burning up and to buy a new cost almost as much as a new drill. Needless to say I junked that one and bought another brand.

Comment

I absolutely flogged my original Rigid set (drill, impact, recip, circ) for probly 8 years and it was bomb proof. Bought my fil a set for Christmas when the lithium ion came out and it's trash. My stuff is finaly wore smooth out.

I'm stuck between Makita, and Milwaukee right now.

Comment

The 12v system from Milwaukee is awesome. It has 20 different tools that use the same battery.

Comment

Bosch lithium drills for me.

Comment

Milwaukee has held up for me and the impact really impressed me putting lag bolts in.

Comment

Working...
                                X