A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CitifiedBowman View Post
    What are your sources. Last I heard he had to write 480 pages of manuscript to finish, and his average is 300 per year.
    My source for the most part is westeros.org and all the interviews/links that are attached.

It was reported in late 2012, early 2013 that he had 400 pages done. His books average around 1,000 pages I think. He recently did an interview with Entertainment tonight and stated he is putting everything else on hold and concentrating on getting this book out before the start of Season 6 GOT. He also said he was not having to rewrite as much as he had for the 2 books prior.

No secret that he's horrible with timelines. We will see. Like I said, I will believe it when I'm reading the prologue.

Comment

Originally posted by CitifiedBowman View Post
      What are your sources. Last I heard he had to write 480 pages of manuscript to finish, and his average is 300 per year. And Winds of Winter is the 6th book, not 7th. The 7th is "A dream of Spring".
      Correct Book 6, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Yup... ....

Wish I could take more part in this discussion but some folks who read the book can't help but to drop hints and I hate having it ruined.
        As others have said, the show and books have caught up to each other. Everything you hear from this point on are people guessing.

Is Jon Snow dead? Most people think he will come back one way or another. You didn't need to read the book to make that guess. But you never know because the author catches wind of this and he can leave Jon Snow dead just to **** people off. The author is an executive producer on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
          Couple tidbits I have come across in the last week or so on Book 7 - The Winds of Winter

Martin is pushing to get TWOW out by the time season 6 starts. I know we have heard this before, but it sounds like he is really making a push. I will believe it, when it's in my hands.

Lots of Arya, some Bran, but not much. Kind of crazy to me about the Bran story line, Martin has just put him in a frozen cave and forgotten about him. Really thought he was going to have a bigger role?? I guess he still might.

Should learn about the fate of Robs will and *possibly* who Jon Snows parents are.

Some kind of shocking twist with Sensa's storyline. This is a good thing, that was getting boring, except for her crazy aunt getting thrown through the moon door.

The battle for Winterfell, might be very different than the show. I freakin' hope so, that was lame.

Jon Snow lives.... as if we didn't know that already.
          I think Bran will be the wildcard. He will take over one of the dragons and kick butt

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            I think Bran will be the wildcard. He will take over one of the dragons and kick butt
            That's what I have always hoped for! The old man told him he would never walk again, but he will fly.

Maybe Martin is just taking a break from Bran for a while or something??

It was reported a while back he has already written Arya's story well into the next book, and she has a LOT of chapters.

Comment

keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I didn't....
                Its all speculation. But its strongly suspected.
                Last edited by Encinal; 06-24-2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding, the more the better.

I still don't understand Arya's last scene.

Is she now blind, dead or what happens to her now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                    No kidding, the more the better.

I still don't understand Arya's last scene.

Is she now blind, dead or what happens to her now.
                    Shes blind

Comment

Originally posted by codyw2006 View Post
                      Shes blind
                      So is that where the TV series left her story line? If so, then that POV hasn't progressed past the books.

Comment

Yeah thats where hers stops if i remember right

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                          So is that where the TV series left her story line? If so, then that POV hasn't progressed past the books.
                          You're right, some parts are not all caught up yet and I've avoided mentioning those outcomes. The TV show Arya and Danaerys storylines are slightly behind. The TV show Jon Snow, Kings Landing, Sansa, Bran, Rickon, and Varys storylines are caught up. The TV show Littlefinger went on a different path but is essentially caught up. The TV show Stannis I think is ahead of the books. The Dorne storyline is mostly caught up except one major missing part which we don't know is being written off or saved for next season. The Greyjoys are also completely missing from the show as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                            Correct, still a little behind and one of the few remaining spoilers.

I have Dany, Jon Snow, Bran and kings landing at the same point, or very close.

Stannis and Tyrion are a little ahead in the show.

Peter Bailish, Sensa, Dorne, Jaime and Brienne's storyline has changed so much it's impossible to determine.
                            Last edited by Birddog66; 06-25-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Looks like Bran will be back (and his storyline picked up from the books) in Season Six of the TV show.

Comment

More Season Six filming goings on (Spoilers embedded in the story)

Comment

Working...
                                X