A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryder View Post
    I was hooked after I gave the show a chance. The best part is not knowing who is going to live or die. This keeps everything interesting and not predictable.

Yup... ....

Wish I could take more part in this discussion but some folks who read the book can't help but to drop hints and I hate having it ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryder View Post
      I was hooked after I gave the show a chance. The best part is not knowing who is going to live or die. This keeps everything interesting and not predictable.
      True dat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Yup... ....

Wish I could take more part in this discussion but some folks who read the book can't help but to drop hints and I hate having it ruined.
        Well, seeing as this thread started because of the books, I'm afraid those types of discussions are unavoidable.

Comment

A Game Of Thrones

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
          Well, seeing as this thread started because of the books, I'm afraid those types of discussions are unavoidable.

I don't mind the discussions of the books but the TV show is why most folks took part in this thread. Talking ahead of the show to show us you (not you specifically) know what is going to happen next, dropping hints or spoiling is frustrating to us watching for the first time ... So like I said. I'll just not take part if that is going to continue. It sucks because I really enjoy the discussion of the show after it happens.

Comment

I don't mind the discussions of the books but the TV show is why most folks took part in this thread. Talking ahead of the show to show us you (not you specifically) know what is going to happen next or dropping hints is frustrating to us watching for the first time ... So like I said. I'll just not take part of that is going to continue.
            Well, from what I understand the TV series has now caught up to the books. And with the divergent story lines between the novels and the series, no one really knows where it is going to go anymore.

And I didn't think you were throwing rocks at me FWIW.

At least this time.

Comment

[ATTACH]722357[/ATTACH]

Comment

Yup... ....

Man - Some of us have tried to keep this thing spoiler-free for the show watchers for 2 years now. Problem is, a new person will jump on here and try to be cute, and the next thing you know......

But Hey! Just like 1369 said, the show has caught up with the books and there are very, very few spoilers left. As a matter of fact, the show has already jumped in front of the books on a couple story lines. We are in this thing together right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                  Man - Some of us have tried to keep this thing spoiler-free for the show watchers for 2 years now. Problem is, a new person will jump on here and try to be cute, and the next thing you know......
                  LOL....spot on...you worded it exactly how I wanted to but couldn't...

But Hey! Just like 1369 said, the show has caught up with the books and there are very, very few spoilers left. As a matter of fact, the show has already jumped in front of the books on a couple story lines. We are in this thing together right now.
                  ...Good to hear..

Comment

Originally posted by x1jett View Post
                    [ATTACH]722357[/ATTACH]
                    NOW that is funny!!!

Comment

Couple tidbits I have come across in the last week or so on Book 7 - The Winds of Winter

Martin is pushing to get TWOW out by the time season 6 starts. I know we have heard this before, but it sounds like he is really making a push. I will believe it, when it's in my hands.

Lots of Arya, some Bran, but not much. Kind of crazy to me about the Bran story line, Martin has just put him in a frozen cave and forgotten about him. Really thought he was going to have a bigger role?? I guess he still might.

Should learn about the fate of Robs will and *possibly* who Jon Snows parents are.

Some kind of shocking twist with Sensa's storyline. This is a good thing, that was getting boring, except for her crazy aunt getting thrown through the moon door.

The battle for Winterfell, might be very different than the show. I freakin' hope so, that was lame.

Jon Snow lives.... as if we didn't know that already.
                      Last edited by Birddog66; 06-24-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Couple tidbits I have come across in the last week or so on Book 7 - The Winds of Winter

Martin is pushing to get TWOW out by the time season 6 starts. I know we have heard this before, but it sounds like he is really making a push. I will believe it, when it's in my hands.

Lots of Arya, some Bran, but not much. Kind of crazy to me about the Bran story line, Martin has just put him in a frozen cave and forgotten about him. Really thought he was going to have a bigger role?? I guess he still might.

Should learn about the fate of Robs will and *possibly* who Jon Snows parents are.

Some kind of shocking twist with Sensa's storyline. This is a good thing, that was getting boring, except for her crazy aunt getting thrown through the moon door.

The battle for Winterfell, might be very different than the show. I freakin' hope so, that was lame.

And nothing of Rickon that I can find. I'm leaning more and more he's going to be the wild card in all of this.

Comment

I didn't....

Comment

What are your sources. Last I heard he had to write 480 pages of manuscript to finish, and his average is 300 per year. And Winds of Winter is the 6th book, not 7th. The 7th is "A dream of Spring".
                            Last edited by CitifiedBowman; 06-24-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                              And nothing of Rickon that I can find. I'm leaning more and more he's going to be the wild card in all of this.
                              Not a peep about Rickon. That doesn't mean much though.

Couple other thing - sounds like we lose some POV characters through-out this book. Makes sense, this thing has to get wrapped at some point.

Martin says 7 books and 7 books only, as of Feb. 2015.

I didn't....
                              It's just inter-web gossip, nothing confirmed. But, nobody actually thinks JS is dead. The Red witch just happened to show up there right before the stabbing and in the books she never left the wall. I think it's safe to say, it would be a bigger surprise if he actually is dead. And he could be.
                              Last edited by Birddog66; 06-24-2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Good stuff right there! Lots more killing in the near future then!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X