No announcement yet.

A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Jon will be back or at least think he should. If not, then the scene with him shattering the white walker with Longclaw would seem pointless. It was a huge moment, why would they let that go to waste?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamshire View Post
      I think Jon will be back or at least think he should. If not, then the scene with him shattering the white walker with Longclaw would seem pointless. It was a huge moment, why would they let that go to waste?
      Because GRRM is the ultimate troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10 View Post
        "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. [...]"
        Wow..........yep!
        Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        "Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal, and his ******* brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him."
        Daggum.........yall are waaaaay deeper than me!!!

Comment

Because GRRM is the ultimate troll?

Probably. (sobs uncontrollably)

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            Surely the witch will bring back Snow. She was back for some reason.
            I hope she bring the red-headed snow-blower back too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Txmusfan View Post
              I hope she bring the red-headed snow-blower back too!!!!
              Hahaha nice!

Yeah she's got to be there for Snow. She's mentioned multiple times something about his blood, she has an infatuation with it . She left Stannis high and dry too because she saw something. Might not see Snow back next season but I think he plays a role in the future.

That's got to be the Mountain. Some sort of dead re-risen version of him. Cersei is going to go absolutely crazy with him, and the death of her daughter is not going to help either.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                I'be read a lot. I've been reading a lot of fantasy/epic fantasy.... And this series is far and away the best thing out there. Brandon Sanderson is probably my second favorite author... But pure grittiness and complex world... Martin is THE author. If he finishes, this has a chance to be one of the masterpieces of fiction. He's incredible.
                have you read, "the way of Kings"? by sanderson? It rivals GOT easily and if you like GOT i would give it a chance they are great... I think it will be better... And i can argue a long way for "The wheel of time" but some people cant handle it's legnth, it is INCREDIBLE... Martin is too much a troll to be as good as some of the true greats imo. Not like Tolkien or others... He is GREAT, but not THE GREATEST. If you have read Pillars of the Earth By Ken Follet then GO READ IT, it shares a muse with GOT and GRRM...

Lots of things to get too here...

The walk is such a victory in the book... If you havn't read it you dont understand... SHE IS BROKEN, I mean she turns into the broken disgusting Wh*re she is... ITS AMAZING... One of the happiest moments in the book... I almost was jumping up and down and fist pumping...

John Gets stabbed in the books... Somebody is bringing him back, I HOPE the red woman, but there is an argument that he comes back as something like "cold hands" whoooo was written out of the show soooo yeah a lot of people in the books that aren't in the series. It defiantly ruins the Dani and John together theory with john a wite... Also is some thought that because John is a Stark(kings of winter) that his blood will have some kind of magic in it against wites(or over them...)

As for Winds, GRRM says that it WILL be out early 2016... Thinking they are shooting for RIGHT before the season starts. He is a troll, and no one is safe, but the books HAVE to come to a head at some point, so you can only twist to a certain degree, its not a comic series where you just keep going. It will eventually have to "pick" main characters to move forward...

Giant guy is the Mountain... creepy guy in Cerci's comand saves him... kinda... He is FRANKENGREGOR!!!

Egret is burned to ashe... John did it himself if I'm not mistaken, in the wyrwood thicket he took his vows in...
                Last edited by catslayer; 06-16-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I just got caught up last night. This season got off to SUCH a slow start. I was falling asleep during episodes.
                  I was over the moon when Cerci took her walk. I have disliked her for quite some time now.
                  Sansa - was that an escape or a plunge to the death? Death would be better than that sicko touching me every night.
                  Aria - is she going to stay blind? I don't get the many face god concept. It was a snooze.
                  Dani - love the Dothraki coming back - hope her dragon is ok :/
                  Where are Braun and Rikkon???
                  John - I felt that coming when he got to the group of people - right before they let him pass and he saw the sign. Not reading the books - I had no idea he would be coming back.... so I'm glad to hear he is not gone.
                  The dwarf is my fav - so I agree... he will probably be the next to go. :/

Comment

Man, tough crowd around here! Ya'll sound like a lot of the die-hard book readers on westeros.org. I didn't think it was that bad at all, actually I thought it was pretty good. I do have a couple grips - as far as the season finale, I thought it was pointless to let Stannis go out like that. I mean, he is suppose to be the best military leader in Westeros and he walks right into a trap?? I would have liked to have seen something a little more dramatic.

If Jon comes back I think he will have a new attitude and not be bound to his nights watch vows. Besides, the NW is a bunch of idiots that are completely missing the big picture. The White Walker army is going to route them so fast it's going to be funny. Jon tried to warn them about this, but they were too stupid and worried about the wildlings. We will see where that gets them.

They made pretty good cuts and removed many storylines which I thought was a good decision. For example, I'm really glad Lady Stoneheart hasn't shown up yet or has been completely written out.
                    Yes, they have cut out a lot of filler. I don't know why they didn't cut out Brienne and Podrick?? However, I strongly disagree with cutting out Lady Stoneheart, and Arys's wolf Nymeria for that matter. They are giving the Frey's all kinds of problems and I think the show watchers would have loved those 2 storylines to remain. The show has barely mentioned the Frey's in 2 seasons?!?!

Comment

GOT takes great pride in showing death. If you didn't see a character die, that means the character probably isn't dead. So Sansa and Stanis are definitely alive. Other characters like The Hound and Syrio the water dancer are probably alive too.

The main thing I didn't like about Lady Stoneheart is her existence. After the Lady Stoneheart reveal, you no longer were shocked about a character dying. Everyone that only watched the show is shocked by Jon's death. Everyone who read the book was not.

Comment

Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
                        I just got caught up last night. This season got off to SUCH a slow start. I was falling asleep during episodes.
                        I was over the moon when Cerci took her walk. I have disliked her for quite some time now.
                        Sansa - was that an escape or a plunge to the death? Death would be better than that sicko touching me every night.
                        Aria - is she going to stay blind? I don't get the many face god concept. It was a snooze.
                        Dani - love the Dothraki coming back - hope her dragon is ok :/
                        Where are Braun and Rikkon???
                        John - I felt that coming when he got to the group of people - right before they let him pass and he saw the sign. Not reading the books - I had no idea he would be coming back.... so I'm glad to hear he is not gone.
                        The dwarf is my fav - so I agree... he will probably be the next to go. :/
                        The show has caught up to the books, so many of your questions can not be answered.

Don't know about Sensa or Theon. This storyline is different from book.

I do know about Arya's sight, but for the sake of TRYING to keep this thread spoiler free for the show watchers I cannot answer. I wish some others would follow suit. The book does a much better job explaining the many faced god.

Dani - show has caught up to the books, not sure. Pretty sure Drogon is fine, they have very thick protective scales. Wouldn't be surprised if he shows up very quickly.

As far as the show goes, Bran is in the cave with the children of the forest and the old man, north of the wall. Rickon headed to the Smalljons castle when Bran went North of wall.

NOBODY knows for sure what will happen to Jon Snow, just theories. Show has caught up to book.

Comment

The main thing I didn't like about Lady Stoneheart is her existence. After the Lady Stoneheart reveal, you no longer were shocked about a character dying. Everyone that only watched the show is shocked by Jon's death. Everyone who read the book was not.
                          I see your point. I just hate the nasty Frey's and would love to see as much bad stuff happen to them as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                            I do know about Arya's sight, but for the sake of TRYING to keep this thread spoiler free for the show watchers I cannot answer. I wish some others would follow suit. The book does a much better job explaining the many faced god.
                            Where did the TV series leave off with her? She's at least at the House of Black and White?

Comment

A Game Of Thrones

Where did the TV series leave off with her? She's at least at the House of Black and White?

She is at B&W. I didnt realized we were doing the spoiler free thing

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                                She is at B&W. I didnt realized we were doing the spoiler free thing
                                I aint into the spoiler free thing. Send me all the dirt as I will watch next season either way...........it is all fiction! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X