• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
    It's a lot like the show Survivor.
    ^^^ Easiest way to tell someone doesn't watch...^^^

Comment

Not a fan of Survivor, only watched the 1st season, years & years ago. But the nice, decent person never wins. They get voted off early while the scheming, back stabbing a hole that makes the right alliances wins. If you can't see the similarities, I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
        I've gotta go back and read the books now, I guess I'm in the minority here as I have liked this season, we got to see dragons, white walker battles, people that have had it coming brought down to size..... plus Tyrion is still kickin!
        I liked this season as well! Book 4 was a really boring book IMO and Book 5 was just a prologue for something bigger to happen. This season basically combined both books into one season and changed things up to keep people guessing even if you read the books.

The stabbing also happened at the end of book 5 as well, but everyone believes he's not going to stay dead. They made pretty good cuts and removed many storylines which I thought was a good decision. For example, I'm really glad Lady Stoneheart hasn't shown up yet or has been completely written out.

Comment

Huge fan of the books, haven't watched any of the shows but I have read alot of the episode reviews season by season. What I can't understand is why the show writers have accelerated the story so much. There are alot of small things missed and the show is close to being caught up with the books. What are they going to do with the next book not even out and GRRM not even sure when it will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
            Huge fan of the books, haven't watched any of the shows but I have read alot of the episode reviews season by season. What I can't understand is why the show writers have accelerated the story so much. There are alot of small things missed and the show is close to being caught up with the books. What are they going to do with the next book not even out and GRRM not even sure when it will be released?
            That's the beauty of it! No ones going to know what's going to happen anymore and the show now has a freedom to tell its own story.

Comment

Originally posted by OKBOWHUNTER View Post
              I'm thinking Stannis is still alive they didn't show her actually kill him.
              I agree. We have seen every one of the main characters actually die. There was a reason they cut away before he was struck by the sword of the he woman.

Comment

I think Im happier with the way Season 5 turned out than previous seasons. It deviated from the books in a few ways, but overall I loved the stories it told.

Jon died. He died in the books. It cracks me up to see people say "Im out" because a character gets stabbed. I can not wait for Season 6. Finally it will not be predictable for the people who have read the books.

Comment

So, if he is still alive, I'd imagine the fact that his brothers of the night's watch tried to off him, he'd be freed from his oath?

Comment

I don't want to watch anymore. This season moved soo slow and now they kill Snow. I don't care what happens next.

Comment

Originally posted by Out_Numbered View Post
                      I don't want to watch anymore. This season moved soo slow and now they kill Snow. I don't care what happens next.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dang April 2016 is a long time to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                          "A Dance With Dragons" (The last book) came out in 2011.

I finished the existing books in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                            The last two seasons I was really excited about the start dates..........after this FINALE...........ho hum! Gonna watch next April but wont be waiting with baited breath.

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
                              So, if he is still alive, I'd imagine the fact that his brothers of the night's watch tried to off him, he'd be freed from his oath?
                              That's exactly it. A lot of the fan theories around Jon Snow are actually really good because of all the clues and hints throughout the series. Jon Snow will return one way or another.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. [...]"

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10 View Post
                                That's exactly it. A lot of the fan theories around Jon Snow are actually really good because of all the clues and hints throughout the series. Jon Snow will return one way or another.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. [...]"
                                And remember what Bran saw in one of his dreams...

"Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal, and his ******* brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him."

Comment

Working...
                                X