Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
    Watching that nearly made me sick. I kept hoping that Stannis would step up and stop it, or that Davos would somehow swoop in at the last second. All of my respect for Stannis has been lost.

I bet that some folks will quit watching the show after that.
    The guy is a nut, and clearly a pretender to the throne. This just goes to highlight that i think.

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
      The guy is a nut, and clearly a pretender to the throne. This just goes to highlight that i think.
      That witch is going to die in the near future. I can see John Killing her and laying claim to the throne.

Comment

I think a lot of people are missing the point. This show is about the cruelty of the world. Nice guys finish last in GoT. Well actually, they die first. Stannis (in this setting) is probably better suited as king.

Comment

I bet Davos is going to go ape spit crazy when he gets back from the wall...

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
            ....he doesn't think he a pretender. And assuming we think that Roberts and Neds rebelion makes the "True king" then yes Stanus is in the right....

The red woman cant die yet. she has to be around to understand that Dani is Azor reborn... and to give her light bringer

That said, my money is on the fact that John Snow isn't a son of Ned Stark.

He is trueborn son of Robert Baratheon and Neds sister... Dark curly hair. I'll bet they were married in the way of the north, No priest required for that ceromony. So we just have to get rid of those pesky vows to the watch and he IS the best king.

So i think that Dani comes in, brings fire and blood... Thrashes the wights, and then John Brings the North and the free folk to Dani's banner, Dorn will back a Targarian and you just smash the middle of the kingdon between them...

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
              that said, my money is on the fact that john snow isn't a son of ned stark.
              r + l = j

Comment

....he doesn't think he a pretender. And assuming we think that Roberts and Neds rebelion makes the "True king" then yes Stanus is in the right....

The red woman cant die yet. she has to be around to understand that Dani is Azor reborn... and to give her light bringer

He is trueborn son of Robert Baratheon and Neds sister... Dark curly hair. I'll bet they were married in the way of the north, No priest required for that ceromony. So we just have to get rid of those pesky vows to the watch and he IS the best king.

So i think that Dani comes in, brings fire and blood... Thrashes the wights, and then John Brings the North and the free folk to Dani's banner, Dorn will back a Targarian and you just smash the middle of the kingdon between them...
                Very interesting!!!

Comment

Watching that nearly made me sick. I kept hoping that Stannis would step up and stop it, or that Davos would somehow swoop in at the last second. All of my respect for Stannis has been lost.

I bet that some folks will quit watching the show after that.
                  Maybe so, but this is no fairly tale and that's been very clear from the beginning. In this story, good and bad things happen to good and bad people. Martin does seem to be a believer in karma, lucky for us.

Interesting theory but I see some holes. Ned and Robert had dialogue in bk1 about John, and Robert was under the impression, just like everybody else, that John is Ned's bast. If he was Robert/Lianna son, he would have been first in line to throne. Why would anyone want to hide that? Doesn't seem like Robert/Lianna had much of a chance to make John. I don't remember any stories about Robert/Lianna having time together before she was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar. R+L=J makes a lot of sence and is a wildly popular theory, but it almost seems to obvious. Martin does not like obvious. I honestly believe that LIanna was NOT kidnapped by Rhaegar, but rather eloped with the married Prince.
                  Last edited by Birddog66; 06-08-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                    Maybe so, but this is no fairly tale and that's been very clear from the beginning. In this story, good and bad things happen to good and bad people. Martin does seem to be a believer in karma, lucky for us.

Interesting theory but I see some holes. Ned and Robert had dialogue in bk1 about John, and Robert was under the impression, just like everybody else, that John is Ned's bast. If he was Robert/Lianna son, he would have been first in line to throne. Why would anyone want to hide that? Doesn't seem like Robert/Lianna had much of a chance to make John. I don't remember any stories about Robert/Lianna having time together before she was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar. R+L=J makes a lot of sence and is a wildly popular theory, but it almost seems to obvious. Martin does not like obvious. I honestly believe that LIanna was NOT kidnapped by Rhaegar, but rather eloped with the married Prince.
                    No it you go back and read dance and feast... They are slowly going through the story line of the rebellion. Remember when Davis was speaking to the lord that told the story of when Ned came through and if he lost his rebellion he "was never there"(Manderlay? i know Ned was coming home from the Veil to call his banners). that part of the hint.

There is at least ONE feast night that Robert and LIanna were together referenced in feast if i'm not mistaken... I'd have to go find the reference. If we get slow this afternoon i'll look.

One of the biggest points on this is that Ned Stark, the most honest character in the series other than maybe John, never calls John his son. He never lies to him... When Ned parts with John when John leaves for the wall, he Says a very specific thing, "You are of my blood". he doesn't say, You are my SON... Also Ned stark only breaks his code of ethics for family... he only admited to "treason" to save his daughter, he would admit to not being faithful only for his sister.

Also GRRM dilates time at his own whim, it alows him to basically ret-con as he goes.... I'd say there was a less obvious twist but with the way he is claiming on coming to a climax and end in the books he has to PICK a line and stick to it at some point.

Comment

one other theory i have kicked around that isnt NEARLY as romantic...

I believe that Lord Mormont had a daughter that committed suicide right? and it is kicked around early in the series that maybe SHE is Johns mother and killed herself because Ned took his love and her child from her to raise with him... If i remember correctly this is all but explained word for word, which is NOT GRRM's style... i want to say in book 2?

BUT that explains why Mormont would give up a VALERIAN SWORD!... He then connects John to Dani through Sir Joror(spelling?)

Bird Dog, Take your theory one more step... If John WAS a Son of Rhaegar and Lyanna....

It WOULD give him connection to the dragons... Making it easier for him to ride, probably V(he is white and gold, green doesn't fit John)

Only issue is we KNOW John can be burned, He burned his hand fighting the wight in the tower. Dani is the "Unburnt"
                      but Brown Ben was a Plum, and he had Targarian blood on both sides and the dragons "liked him" in the books.

It also Alienates Dorn a LOT to say that Rhaegar passed over his wife...

Lastly, what do we do with Ricken? and how do the Greyjoys come into this?

Comment

Man, I need to do a re-read project to keep up with you. It's been a little while since I read feast and dwd. But I will try.

There is at least ONE feast night that Robert and LIanna were together referenced in feast if i'm not mistaken... I'd have to go find the reference. If we get slow this afternoon i'll look.
                        But why do you think Ned would have hid John from Robert? Robert would have been very happy to have had a son with Lianna. Sure, he may have been a bas., but not for long.

one other theory i have kicked around that isnt NEARLY as romantic...

I believe that Lord Mormont had a daughter that committed suicide right? and it is kicked around early in the series that maybe SHE is Johns mother and killed herself because Ned took his love and her child from her to raise with him... If i remember correctly this is all but explained word for word, which is NOT GRRM's style... i want to say in book 2?

Lastly, what do we do with Ricken? and how do the Greyjoys come into this?
                        Now I remember this one. I think your talking about Ashara Dayne. Total hotty with purple eyes from the South lands/Dorne area. We got a lot of information about her when Arya was being held by the Brotherhood of no banners. The archer guy was from the same family I think. She committed suicide at the end of the rebellion when Ned brought her brothers sword home. Rumor had it that she became pregnant after the Herrenhal tourney in which she and Ned had been seen together. They supposedly had a thing for each other. No one knew for certain what happened to her baby and her body was never found.

Not sure about Rickon and the greyjoys. Book and show seems to have abandoned the rickon story line, show has abandoned the greyjoys.

Comment

I am a HUGE fan of the show but lawdy yall are WAAAAAAY above my pay grade. Heck, I never heard of GOT until the HBO series. Yall are making my head spin !!!

1.)Not handled in the books really, but i mean in the books they talk about the meat moving in Summers mouth as he eats it, you basically got to burn them to rekill them, head shots dont count here.

2.) in Dance with drags, the John gets a raven from hard home, and they say "dead things in the water" so in the books water isnt the same hindrance but we don't know the details. Remember that in the books John doens't go to hard home, Tormin is COMPLETELY handled different and Mance isn't dead... As for crossing the wall... Black hands couldnt go under the wall... So while it is a PHYSICAL boundry... there is more to it than that.

3.) Longclaw is Johns sword, it is actually the sword of the Mormont family given to John by the previous lord commander. Sam found the info that "Dragon Steel" Valerian steel can kill the "others". You have to remember there are whites(zombies) and OTHERS(the weird ice things that lead the whites)

for the record ICE was the Stark family sword, a GIANT two handed broadsword, it was melted down by the Lanisters into two swords. Lady Brien has one, Othkeeper, and the other was a "child sized" sword that was given to Georfry. the little one will eventually go to Aria when she returns to the west I think, only stark with the body type to wield it.

FYI you cant "warg" anything, wargs are wolf brothers, you can SKINCHANGE into other creatures, and green seers can use the trees (Bran)... i know I'm ****.
                          Also ALL the stark children that we have seen with wolves have some conection/ability with the wolves, we know bran is a Green seer(in the books) and we know that Aria has wolf dreams with Nimeria, and Nimeria is leading the worlds biggest wolf pack.

I do think that it is going to be Johns ability with ghost that is going to allow him to bond with the dragons... It is gona be weird though cause in the book there is another Targarian who has already landed in the storm lands... and sooo wouldnt he get a dragon?... So in the book it would be, Dani on drogon, John on Vacerian and The young dragon on Rhaegal. Buuuut the show is off the reservation soooo we dont really know...

John in the books has wolf dreams and senses things through Ghost. Beauty is dead(see what he did there?) and we don't know about Ricken and Shaggy dog cause we dont know where he is (he is on Skagos in the books)

Havn't watched last nights yet... but I'm nearly done rereading DOD so I basically have decided to think of them as two "paths" of the same story, like the Hatchet story...
                          Geek #1.............LOL!
                          I bet Davos is going to go ape spit crazy when he gets back from the wall...
                          Man, I need to do a re-read project to keep up with you. It's been a little while since I read feast and dwd. But I will try.

But why do you think Ned would have hid John from Robert? Robert would have been very happy to have had a son with Lianna. Sure, he may have been a bas., but not for long.

Now I remember this one. I think your talking about Ashara Dayne. Total hotty with purple eyes from the South lands/Dorne area. We got a lot of information about her when Arya was being held by the Brotherhood of no banners. The archer guy was from the same family I think. She committed suicide at the end of the rebellion when Ned brought her brothers sword home. Rumor had it that she became pregnant after the Herrenhal tourney in which she and Ned had been seen together. They supposedly had a thing for each other. No one knew for certain what happened to her baby and her body was never found.

Not sure about Rickon and the greyjoys. Book and show seems to have abandoned the rickon story line, show has abandoned the greyjoys.
                          Geek #2.............lol!!!!

Comment

Ned wasn't hiding him from Robert, he was hiding him from the lanisters, Robert had made his bed and his peace, saying he had a son that jumps in line in front Cercis kids would be a deal breaker... and Ned was sick of war

though the more i read online the John Being a Targaryen thing makes more sense... and they keep saying "THE DRAGON HAS 3 HEADS".

Dani, John, and Prince Aegon... Also that ties up the loose ends of John and Dani... Neither can wed/have children, assuming that the thing that happens to John at the end of dance doesn't somehow break him from his bonds.

This allow Aegon to marry somebody like Sansa/Ahria to form a peace, rickon is the Last male stark becomes the stark of winterfel...

Rickon and lord Manderlays sons are both on Skagos... I just got that from the book, they hit at it BIG TIME...

Comment

Are we reading the same books? Dani is not Azor but I suspect that the red woman is about to make Azor reborn since he just got killed in the last book.

R+L=J as others have said. I think J is going to make one hell of a "dragon rider" since he is a warg with dragon blood.

In the World of Ice and Fire, the History of Westeros, it hints that the whitewalkers may have their own airforce so I don't think that Dani's dragons are going to make it as one sided as you think.

The fight I really want to see is the new Hound vs Frankingregor.

Of course all this is speculation off the books, the show is proving to be veering down a different path.

Comment

How man times have you guys read these books? Sheesh

Comment

Working...
                                X